so our church is building a new church ha and lately ive been working in there with my job, wolff mechanical(plumbing and heating) my boss, designed the sanctuary and everything. and he designed a specific sounc enclosed drum room up on stage so no sound should get out.

we put insulation between metal studs. we laid down a acoustic sheet of flooring then pourd concrete on top of that. today we finished up framing the room inside of this room.

the idea being have a separate room completly isolated, not touchin the outer room to keep the sound inside. we'll caulk the creases and put more isolation in it. also has two giant windows.

this sound like a good idea so no sound will get out?
Whyd you need an enclosed drum room on a stage in a church?
good point... unless it's one of those rock-opera type churches... then it'd be like the reason they have one of those for the circus... so the sounds of raw drumbeats doesn't bleed into the mixed version coming outta the pa system
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
If you're gonna keep the drums in a room, there's no point of them being on stage...Why not just get an electric set or something...Or you could have just put up one of those plexiglass sound things in front of the set.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
If you're gonna keep the drums in a room, there's no point of them being on stage...Why not just get an electric set or something...Or you could have just put up one of those plexiglass sound things in front of the set.

Well when you have a lot of people on stage (bandwise) they need to hear themselves. If its a big church like the one I go to (about 2000-3000 per service) its all very professional. When I've played up there, its helps so much saving your hearing and just helping everyone. Trust me, its so much better when its quieter on stage. The band will be so thankful, as will there ears.
But if the drummers enclosed, Everyone will be able to hear the drummer but the drummer wont be able to hear anything other than his own drums, Understand me?
Trust me. You can hear other things in the cage. That's why you have moniters. And yes, you can hear those in the cages. Esp. in ears.
I'm pretty sure bands that play stadiums don't have their drummers in an enclosed room. Size of the audience is no reason for what you're doing.

You can hear everything fine with the proper monitoring. And it would be loads cheaper than an isolated room.

The key is in-ear monitoring, so the drummer's playing doesn't overpower his hearing of other instruments.

Mix everything properly, monitor properly, and most importantly wear hearing protection, and you're golden.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
um well the idea was to get the best sound from the drums. and also our drumers tend to be loud and overpowering. soo a separate room. still on stage. make sense. the drummer will have headphones, of course. with wahtever he wants in the mix(guitar,vocals) thre will also be a tv up above so he can watch the stage from his room as well. the main goal was to get the best sound, were goin to mic the drums as well. it works out perfectly actually and each musician on stage will have inear monitors.
So I take it you don't want to audience to see the drummer...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator