Hey, me and my friends just started playing Dungeons and Dragons, and are about halfway through the boxed Basic Set, and since I'm the (extremely inexperienced) DM, I'm trying to find something else to play once we've played through that scenario. Am I supposed to make a new one up, or what would be a good other premade story to go along with to buy and play with as a second go?
Quote by craigr
Hey, me and my friends just started playing Dungeons and Dragons, and are about halfway through the boxed Basic Set, and since I'm the (extremely inexperienced) DM, I'm trying to find something else to play once we've played through that scenario. Am I supposed to make a new one up, or what would be a good other premade story to go along with to buy and play with as a second go?

There's your problem.
Just make shit up as you go along, preferably involving Lich kings.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
rub icy hot on it
Quote by james99
ok so whats the technique? just backwards and fowards at decent speed right?!
Quote by someguitarguy88
Decent? Boy, you need to go at the tempo of a Dragonforce song.

Quote by SEAKING
rub icy hot on it

shut up, that doesnt apply here. It was really funny, but you killed it, right there.

YOU PHAIL
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Quote by orpheus171
shut up, that doesnt apply here. It was really funny, but you killed it, right there.

YOU PHAIL

you killed ur life 1ce u came into the pit biatch
go to the wizards of the coast D&D site there will be your help sorry
what the hell is with the icy hot. I logged in 10 mins ago and have seen it 5 times. It is already annoying me.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
I checked the D&D site, and it says to pick up the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. Will that just give me the basic guidelines to make a new story up, or does the DM guide have more scenario's to play out?
Quote by ihatefender
what the hell is with the icy hot. I logged in 10 mins ago and have seen it 5 times. It is already annoying me.

It appears to be a new fad.

D&D pwns, damn haters.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Well, first off, make sure never to wear deodorant. Also, lock your virginity away in a nice lockbox and never give it up. That should get you off to a good start.
<Han> I love Hitler
Oh don't worry, if I had any chance of getting laid, I would go straight towards it. Seeing as how I am already horrendously repulsive, I might as well have fun any way I can.
Quote by orpheus171
I PHAIL (because I used a 'ph' instead of an f)

D&D is creepy ****, some dungeon master ended up killing someone at my sister's old dorm. We had to move her out of the dorm with a dead girl in a room across from her. Apparently they didn't want to carry a body bag in front of a bunch of people.
Millions of people get enjoyment from it, and millions end up having a good time and getting on with their lives. Don't blame the game for the actions people play it take. Its the exact same thing as people who believe that video games or movies are responsible for crime or murder. Its either people who were deranged enough to take the actions in the first place or people who are too scared to take responsibility for their own actions that claim that games caused them to murder someone.
dude you should listen to Stephen Lynch's song... IT'S D&D!!!! and BTW I always wanted to play D&D
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by craigr
Millions of people get enjoyment from it, and millions end up having a good time and getting on with their lives. Don't blame the game for the actions people play it take. Its the exact same thing as people who believe that video games or movies are responsible for crime or murder. Its either people who were deranged enough to take the actions in the first place or people who are too scared to take responsibility for their own actions that claim that games caused them to murder someone.

+eleventy billion
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by orpheus171

YOU PHAIL

Actually it was very comical. U PHAIL!
j00 h4ve t0 pWnz0r da drag0n.....

ok but seriously just buy whatever you need to have fun
(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <

?? ?????

Quote by adamungar1
Pinky, although he was the greatest cartoon character ever, he makes a lousy finger.

Quote by Pacifica112J

"ZOMG, I like... Totally gave your mom a Tony Danza lol"

Quote by Pacifica112J
There's only one solution.

Put it in her butt.
create a story about cross dressing enchanted dumbasses +2 that move in to ye olde hut and don't leave for months while contributing nothing to the party and draining resources.

(i had a buddy of mine stay at my place once.. totally took me for a ride by sitting around playing D&D with his lame-ass friends.. he wasn't a crossdresser tho. i threw that in there for fun.)

but hey. enchanted dumbass +2 makes me laugh.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Problem no.1: You live in Aylmer. Folks on the other side of the bridge have no imagination...unless it comes to interesting ways to get high

Problem no.2: You're inexperienced. Go to your local Chapters or what have you, and pick up Dungeon Master for dummies, it has a lot of good ideas and reference points. Also, pick up the monthly issue of Dragon.

I used to play D&D back in highschool. I still have the PHB, MM, and DMG at home, as well as a couple of supplement books. I thought about playing again, but I really don't have the time for it anymore, cept maybe on the weekends. But I digress: Getting laid and jamming is just so much more fulfilling.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
There's plenty of stuff to be downloaded from teh internehts. Either legally or illegally.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
I have a fair bit of DM-ing experience, though I'm a bit of a maverick, so don't expect me to be able to help with precise rules - I use a bastardised mix of the old Basic D&D and my own imagination.

But for the creative side, I can probably lend you a hand. PM me your MSN if that sounds at all useful, or post a bit more detail in here as to exactly what you're aiming for.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
hey man, those people messing with you for playing D&D, tell them to **** off. its a fun game, great way to hang out with your friends and excersize your imagination.

ok ok. YES, the Dungeon Master's Guide(DMG), Player's Handbook(PHB), and Monster Manual(MM) are a neccesity if you want to play after the Basic Box. THESE ARE THE CORE BOOKS. they are the only three you NEED to have. but be aware there are hundreds of others that detail new monsters, classes, races, items, and etc. any time you want to buy a new DnD book its going to cost AT LEAST $20. buy them off Ebay i would recomend. and make sure they are the 3.5 edition. that is also important.

since you and your group are a bunch of newbies, you should probably run some pre-published adventures until you get the hang of it.

Official Wizards Pre-Published Adventures Free to Download.

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH (reason for the caps) THAT YOU BUY ALL THREE CORE BOOKS and LEARN THEM! after that, the world is your oyster. if i have not been clear enough, or you have a question on anything big or small. feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at coldshiftdown@yahoo.com.

have fun. and remember, the dragon is always on the left.
I have a box full of voices, but they all sound the same.
oh yeah, Wizards of the Coast Website.

that is the publisher and officiator of all Dungeons and Dragons books and erata. the forums there will probably help so much more than UG.

(not that UG is inferior, but itd be like going to wizards and asking advice on chord shapes.)
I have a box full of voices, but they all sound the same.
Cold Shift Down - what you're saying is correct, but I'd just like to add to it that you CAN keep playing with just the basic set, without buying any of the advanced set, providing you have good creative and improvisational skills, and a bit of patience. Great D&D games are based around RP and cunning improv interaction between players and DM, not stats and dice.

But yeah, TS follow ColdShiftDown's advice if you want to do it the traditional way.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Which version are you playing? because the original D20 stuff has books and pack full of adventures

I'm serious, this book exists, I played one of the adventures from it.
**** D&D.

Warhammer 40,000 FTW!!!
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
**** D&D.

Warhammer 40,000 FTW!!!

Warhammer Fantasy > 40,000

I should know. I play it and win