im a self taugh guitarist. and so far ive done pretty good. but can someone explain to me how to read friggin standard notation!
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
You live in a cardboard box?!

Thats SOO F UCKING COOLLLL
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Jimmyyoung
You live in a cardboard box?!

Thats SOO F UCKING COOLLLL

dued people make fun of me all the time because they say im a noob and ive only been on this site a month. the reason people from june 07' arent liked around here is because of people like you, who are just dumbass spammers. go away.
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Quote by orpheus171
dued people make fun of me all the time because they say im a noob and ive only been on this site a month. the reason people dont from june 07' arent liked is because of people like you, who are just dumbass spammers. go away.

Lol
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I found a really good picture before but right now all I can find is this:

http://users.aol.com/BuleriaChk/private/compas/guitar1/neck0.gif

I'll keep looking for the other.

EDIT: http://www.guitar49.com/ref/notes%20on%20the%20guitar.jpg

Take that and flip it 90º to the right.
Quote by orpheus171
dued people make fun of me all the time because they say im a noob and ive only been on this site a month. the reason people dont from june 07' arent liked is because of people like you, who are just dumbass spammers. go away.

hes from jan of 07 bud. lay off the reefer.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by penguin-pirate
hes from jan of 07 bud. lay off the reefer.

Thats not the point. the reason alot of "seasoned" UGers dont like new users is because alot of us are in fact stupid as hell, cocky, stuck up, bastards. i hate getting stuck in the "stupid noob" category by other people.
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Quote by orpheus171
Thats not the point. the reason alot of "seasoned" UGers dont like new users is because alot of us are in fact stupid as hell, cocky, stuck up, bastards. i hate getting stuck in the "stupid noob" category by other people.

yeah i just think you summed up yourself.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by penguin-pirate
im a self taugh guitarist. and so far ive done pretty good. but can someone explain to me how to read friggin standard notation!

Well, there is 5 lines. In treble cleff, the notes on the lines (starting from bottom to top) is E G B D F. In between the lines(starting above the lowest line) is F A C E. Notes are A through G and then go back to A again. Notes can be sharp (#) or flat (b) too. That's just the notes, there is a lot more to learn.

There is a music theory forum.

edit: This picture is kinda helpful. Big though http://www.music-mind.com/Music/Srm0013.GIF
Quote by codynw42
i am stupid enuff to do it becuz i just did. i feel nothing, there is no high and im not dizzy or anything... its just nasty.

Ryu Hayabusa of the UG Society of Ninjas
Last edited by whenshoesattack at Jul 13, 2007,
yeah but...

1. im to lazy to go there.

2. the pit has more users and therefor more replies.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
You'll need a teacher.

Not just to learn the notes but because of all the diffrent positions and **** like that. Seriously. It takes years to master standard notation on a guitar.
I am the Infantry.
Quote by penguin-pirate
yeah but...

1. im to lazy to go there.

2. the pit has more users and therefor more replies.

1. Then you may be too lazy to learn it

2. The Pit may get you more responses but fewer intelligent responses.
Quote by R0CKER1220
1. Then you may be too lazy to learn it

2. The Pit may get you more responses but fewer intelligent responses.

meh... ill stick to the pit.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
The easiest you could get off with learning standard notation is getting one of those Music theory for dummie books. other than that its pretty hard
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
will people post helpfull pictures..

i reallly like pictures.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.