ok so im recording but when i record a seperate track for a solo or just a seperate track it records whats coming out of speakers too. am i supposed to use headphones or is there a command that i can use to stop this thanks.
it shouldnt do that if you record directly into the computer liike straight form the amp into the computer through the headphone out(which i do) if your being unprofessional and using a mic or some other means that is in advoidable unless you wear headphones
To change this, go to Edit > Preferences > Audio I/O and uncheck "Play other tracks while recording new one."

However, this will make it rather difficult to record a new track in sync with the old one, as you can't hear the old ones to play over. Using headphones is the way to go.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Quote by hightension01
it shouldnt do that if you record directly into the computer liike straight form the amp into the computer through the headphone out(which i do) if your being unprofessional and using a mic or some other means that is in advoidable unless you wear headphones

Unprofessional or not, I find I get a much nicer sound if I record acoustically. (Also, if you're singing, kinda hard to record through headphone out.)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
there isnt anything special because when i record new tracks i can do it over already recorded tracks that just play in the background
Quote by Deliriumbassist
that's not a drink, that's just coke with random crap floating in it
It plays it back when I do it to my amp overpowers the rest so it doesn't really matter.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
thanks looks like headphones is the way to goooo cause i dont know if i can plug directly into my comp