Are they over priced for the quality? And could they play Lynyrd Skynyrd type southern rock through a Peavy Valve King 112?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
no, they are very fairly priced, you get a insturment built in the US, with quality woods and gibson electronics, with a valveking and an explorer id find it very easy to get a southern rock tone, slightly overdriven amps with a mahogany guitar equals bliss
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
explorers are the cat's ass as far as i'm concernd - i'd love to find a good one. i'm on the search as we speak. amazing guitars.
buy a used on ebay or just wait until the labor day sale at GC, best sale of the year
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
i have a new explorer and my only complaint was the finish on the neck.. i had to sand it with like 400 grade sandpaper.. anyways it goes from blues to southern rock to metal back around to funk/soul and punk and yeah.. i just love it.. i wouldnt trade my Explorer for the world.. ok so maybe if i could have 5 Explorers id trade it
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
im looking for a explorer ebony... but i see them wiht very difrenet prices ones for 1700$ ,1590$ 1299$ and the cheapest for 989$

im a little confused , maybe there are difrenet versions i knwo that there are the standard the pro and new century... but im sure the ones that i´ve seen are standard ebony
PLEASE HELP
Quote by bobbyj84
Are they over priced for the quality? And could they play Lynyrd Skynyrd type southern rock through a Peavy Valve King 112?

Freebird solo was done with an Explorer. They're the only Gibsons I'd pay for.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I like them a lot. As far as the neck, that's nitro for you. Play on it for a while (couple months to a year) and it'll get less and less sticky on it's own. Polishing it a lot during that new period helps speed that up.

Lower your pickups a little, don't dime the gain on your amp, and I think you'll be very very happy with the sound.

Last edited by Hydra26 at Aug 6, 2007,