With all of the global warming threads lately, I though I'd give my $0.02:

At one point today, my hands were very chilly. Concomitantly, I wanted to play my guitar. So, I began playing with my cold hands and realized that I lacked my typical technical talent. Then it occurred to me that in a few years, there will be no more cold hands because of...

GLOBAL WARMING!!!

On a serious note, my hands were quite chilled because of some AC today, so I thought about wearing gloves (well, glove). However, I don't want to be the idiot who wears one glove in JULY, so what other things can I do to keep my hands warm or warm them fast?

PS-If anyone brings up actual Global Warming (Belief of the theory, disbelief of the theory, Bush Derangement syndrome), I will petition to have them IP banned.

Quote by GetOutOfMyYard
...Wrong forum?
Nay! (See, I can predict posts!)
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Jul 13, 2007,
I often try and play through it, which can help get the blood flowing, or better yet - Stick them infront of a heater or hairdryer or something and just wiggle your fingers a lot.

Either way, you are going to have to be ridic.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
I have the same problem. I have bad circulation in my hands anyway and it's the middle of winter here (Australia gets bloody cold).

Before I practice I massage and stretch my hands, using the ones from Rock Discipline and also some from gpb0216's site http://www.online-guitar-lesson.com/carpal-tunnel.html.
5 minutes of this usually gets the blood flowing in my hands and they're ready to go.

It's wierd because my hands feel really warm and then after a while the unused fingers on my picking hand get freesing cold again.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
gloves'll help, my sisters a harpist at a music school, she wears em during winter and anytime its not summer, and a lot of the vocalists will wear scarfs around their neck to keep their vocal chords constantly warm
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.

greatest picture ive seen in response to a thread
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
I massage and stretch my hands, and then just move them a lot. Clenching and unclenching your fists, etc.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
seriously, stick your head down your pants, it works for me. (it really does)
Stick your hands in warm water, but not for too long.

@ this thread and the picture.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Hey, you could put this in the TECHNIQUE FORUM! If you wanted, I don't really care at all.

And I would just turn the AC down and open my window.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Try running lukewarm water across the back of your hands as well as the standard warmup exercises and stretches.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.