Poll: Mp7 or P90 as the united nations PDW?
Poll Options
View poll results: Mp7 or P90 as the united nations PDW?
mp7
15 42%
p90
21 58%
Voters: 36.
Page 1 of 7
okay, heres a thread where people can talk about stuff goin on in the military. let me start out with just saying when the hell are we going ot upgrade the m16!?!?!?!?!
?!
HOORAH!

I actually have no interest in the military, but I always wanter to say/type that.
put icy hot on military people
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
the ak-47 will exist as long as theres ammo besides we need something thats more adaptable, and lethal, like the XM8 was promising.
?!
i like the gunz they are big and shiny and they go BANG
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
You dislike the m16?
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
the m16 is nice, but outdated. seriously its too long ,and the m4 overheats too easily, i recomend a bullpup asault rifle
?!
lol..... i think that P90s should become the official seconadary weapon on all military personelle...

no, not this p90...

this p90
Quote by PlayTheMetal
You dislike the m16?

i dont think hes saying that,i think hes just saying that we need to upgrade it
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?

Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947<you
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
It's called the M-16A2, it was made back during Vietnam, and there's a weapon in development called the XM-8.

It will be shortened to M-8 when it's out of the experimental stages.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
personally i recomend the XM8 or a bullpup rifle like the tavor or FAMAS
?!
Quote by shreddin_frets
lol..... i think that P90s should become the official seconadary weapon on all military personelle...

no, not this p90...

this p90

Despite being huge and their ammo system requires a lot of space to hold...

It was designed as a primary defencive weapon for tank crews.

It has been discussed to upgrade the M16 and plans like the XM8 and SCAR-L/H have failed.

Edit: To the above post, do you have any experiance with any of those weapons?
Quote by grenade24
okay, heres a thread where people can talk about stuff goin on in the military. let me start out with just saying when the hell are we going ot upgrade the m16!?!?!?!?!

There are so many different types of weapons used now they cant really just upgrade the M-16.

You have more specific rifleman with more specified rifles for certain environments. It's much easier to deal with lets say an MP5 than an M-16 in an enclosed environment. The M-16 is also very versatile. All the attachments and such.

I saw a badass shotgun on the military channel once. Full auto, 0 recoil, and had like a 30 shell magazine.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yea im kind of a bullup AUG fan myself

Quote by grenade24
personally i recomend the XM8 or a bullpup rifle like the tavor or FAMAS

I could have sworn they cancelled the plan for the XM8, I thought it was a really great rifle though.
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
Quote by Guitarislife125

It has been discussed to upgrade the M16 and plans like the XM8 and SCAR-L/H have failed.

actually the SCAR-L/H suceeded and is being used by the navy seals, its just too expenive for the army.
?!
Quote by Guitarislife125

P90's huge? They are actually quite small... easily conceilable too

I beleive the only bad thing about them is their range, which goes to about medium. But they are extremly accurate from what I have heard...
Quote by jpgilbert701
Moonraker Laser Ftw!

ggggggangster!

no seriously, hk 416, what happened to that project?
Quote by shreddin_frets

no, not this p90...

this p90

Aren't those the standard issue rifles of the german military or something?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by MESAexplorer
There are so many different types of weapons used now they cant really just upgrade the M-16.

You have more specific rifleman with more specified rifles for certain environments. It's much easier to deal with lets say an MP5 than an M-16 in an enclosed environment. The M-16 is also very versatile. All the attachments and such.

I saw a badass shotgun on the military channel once. Full auto, 0 recoil, and had like a 30 shell magazine.

they did upgrade the mp5 its called the mp7. oh and i saw that shotgun too it kicked ***
?!
Quote by grenade24
actually the SCAR-L/H suceeded and is being used by the navy seals, its just too expenive for the army.

I think the G36K/C would be a great rifle for the USA the K is a great long range, and the C is and all around great weapon, Its used by the germans now.
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
i say go with the bullpup AUG

Yea.... they kind of hand out different weapons for different positions, like the SAW, m4 etc... M-16 is just basically the weapon they give ya if you don't have a cool job, but, I'm all for getting a badass new weapon....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by step up plz
ggggggangster!

no seriously, hk 416, what happened to that project?

Being used by 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta but no further plans to replace the M4.
Quote by shreddin_frets
P90's huge? They are actually quite small... easily conceilable too

I beleive the only bad thing about them is their range, which goes to about medium. But they are extremly accurate from what I have heard...

I meant huge on a sidearm scale, it's just not practical.
make love not war? besides why waste our already nonexistent funds on an upgrade that isn't really essential for the defense of the nation?
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
if america would have to buy a foreighn assault rifle i say the Isreali Tavor/MTAR21. it looks soo cool and is the best weapon in rainbow six vegas woot woot
?!
You can mod your weapon, I have seen a SAW that was stripped basically, it had a handle on the side, scope, flashlight etc... and was still smaller than the traditional SAW, easy to manuever in small areas.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
who cares, im pissed off that the...uhh...leader...people (commanders?) cant yell at the...not leader...people (officers) anymore (idk if its true but thats what i heard)
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
People still yell at, and smoke people lol.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by ItsThatDude
make love not war? besides why waste our already nonexistent funds on an upgrade that isn't really essential for the defense of the nation?

SOMEONE MAKE THIS MAN PRESIDENT
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Quote by PlayTheMetal
You can mod your weapon, I have seen a SAW that was stripped basically, it had a handle on the side, scope, flashlight etc... and was still smaller than the traditional SAW, easy to manuever in small areas.

THE SAW IS A LMG HOW THE HELL CAN THAT BE MANEUVERABLE IN CLOSE QUARTERS!?!?!?!
?!
Quote by vonfeldt7
SOMEONE MAKE THIS MAN PRESIDENT

Its barak obama, everybody vote obama then we will be an obama-nation!!!!!
?!