if there is anyone who has this guitar, could you tell me what gauge strings you use?i just bought it and put some gauge 9 strings and it has a buzz. should i change it to gauge 10 or adjust the bridge to raise the action? thanks alot!
the gauge of the strings don't matter if its buzzing. the buzzing is just the strings touching the frets. you just need to raise the action a little bit that way its farther away from the frets, just make sure you know what your doing. if you don't know how to adjust the action i suggest you take it to a guitar shop and have them do it for you for a few bucks.
no i know how to do it, i just needed to know if i should get the new strings or not, because someone said they could be too light. thanks
Quote by r3conmarine90
the gauge of the strings don't matter if its buzzing. the buzzing is just the strings touching the frets. you just need to raise the action a little bit that way its farther away from the frets, just make sure you know what your doing. if you don't know how to adjust the action i suggest you take it to a guitar shop and have them do it for you for a few bucks.

Of course it' the strings that cause it. Different gauges mean the action should be changed. At I guess I'd say they were 9-42's and you put on 9-46's. I did the same.
Are people thick....

Putting on a different gauge can cause buzzing because the guitar (action etc...) isn't set up right. How can you say the guage doesn't matter when it's the reason you're getting the buzzing in the first place? If you put the same guage on, it wouldn't (well, would be very unlikely to) buzz.

You don't need to change the guage, no, just the action. But it was the placing of a different guage which caused the buzzing in the first place.