That'd be hard too paint, but I dont see why it would be illegal, BTW your link is broken, you had two extra letters after .JPG..

and if it is somehow illegal, who cares, I don't think you'll get arrested over a picture.
Im not the one who will paint it. I will either get a friend to or hire someone to do it.
no one could stop you

if you made an assload of them and sold them, that would be illegal for 7 more years [copyright expires in 2014]
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
after googling it because of the broken link, i don't see why not... i can't say i've ever seen it before.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
I don't think it would be..

and you must be one helluvan artist to do that.. post pics when you're done!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
As long as you don't sell or distribute it you'll be fine.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by Edamr
Even then it'll be fine.

Not, really, no. He can't replicate someone else's artwork for profit without permission from the artist, or whoever had the rights to the painting.

The only problems I can see are, if he does a gig and he's on TV or a recording or something, they may have to blur the image for copyright issues.

But then again, most artists would be glad to see their work being appreciated and spread.

I remember an episode of Family Guy where Peter painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with the "Obey" logo (this image), and Shepard Fairley (the artist behind the Obey campaign_ wrote in to Seth McFarlane (Family Guy creator) thanking him for the publcility.

Then again, Family guy was almost sued for putting an image of a Máttis painting, and was contacted by Máttis's heir (who had rights to the paintings), saying the needed permission to use the image (Family Guy Season Three, episode 9, "Breaking Out is Hard To Do").

Let's just hope the latter doesn't occur.

Also, I think there are some custom pickguard builders who can put any image onto a pickguard (here's one), so it won't be that difficult, and you won't have to worry about the paint chipping off the pickguard.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
What can I say, I know my stuff.

I want to buy some pickguards from them.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
its ok
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
As long as you're not selling it as your own or claiming the picture is a picture you made yourself then i don't see why it would be a problem.
It actually doesnt look that complicated, as long as you break it down into what It was originally composed of, which are just primary shapes, if anything, the only hard part would be getting the proportions right, because you would obviously have to scale it down.
Quote by jason_lee_91
how would you do that??im interested in putting a picture on my picgaurd

Go here.

Pickguard FX
Quote by Jim Morrison
as long as you dont try to sell it as your own work you'll be fine, haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Eeew xD Sorry, but I don't do abstract. Put the frikkin Sistine Chapel on there !
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores