So I've been playing for 3 years now I think but I'm very inexperienced at slide guitar, I've kinda only ever played In My Time Of Dying by Led Zeppelin but it doesn't come out right. I understand that you must push the slide really lightly on your strings, not pressing them down completely? Or am I completely wrong? And btw what would be the most used tuning for it, so I can experiment a little better with that.

Thanks!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
most slide guitarists use Open-E Tuning. I dont play slide so I cant help you with the other question ^ ^;; sorreh
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
thats right, if you push real hard, it just sounds retarded.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Yeah, just lightly slide along the strings, try and mute out the noise behind the slide aswell. Common tunings are Open E and Open G, also used in standard tuning aswell though.
Okay thank you.

Also if I only want to play 2 strings per time is there anyway to mute the others? Even if I only pick the 2 strings you can hear all the other ones, it kinda ruins it.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Make sure you put your fingers on the strings behind the slide to mute unwanted strings and overtones, that should solve the problem.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
when playing slide I dampen all six strings by slightly muting all at the brdige with strumming hand however try not to dampen/mute the strings to much because you want the strings your playing to sound out...you are more or less dampening the strings to cut down on string noise.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
General consensus is to mute behing the slide...it's bloody fiddly though! Definitleyl don't press down too hard - there was a thread a while back where someone had worn his frets down from pressing too hard with a slide
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com