I want to buy this new after-market Jackson neck to install on my freshly modded Stratocaster.

The thing is, the nut space for the Jackson neck is 1 11/16" inches, and I don't have a Floyd Rose Tremolo (nor do I plan on spending THAT much for a bridge yet), so what should I do? Should I just buy the Floyd Rose Locking nut and install it? Are there any other options other that buy a whole Floyd Rose Bridge setup?

Thanks,
Joe
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
its like under $100 for a liscensed FR. Just use that to fill the blank untill you get a OFR bridge.
So, just install the FR nut, even though I have a regular stock Fender bridge? How would that react with my guitar. My guitar springs are configured so that I have no pickup, but I can divebomb like crazy.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Quote by cpljwlusmc
So, just install the FR nut, even though I have a regular stock Fender bridge? How would that react with my guitar. My guitar springs are configured so that I have no pickup, but I can divebomb like crazy.

You could possibly install the FR nut and leave it unlocked.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Try and find a Jackson neck that isn't built around the floyd rose?

I totally can't find one. That neck I showed you is from an eBay Store (Wildberry Castle) and all those Jackson necks are set for FR. They're also only $99, so I can afford that.

If you can show me a place online or in Tampa (my zip code is 33511) that sells necks that aren't just for Floyd Rose, I'd be really grateful.
Quote by Jim Morrison
I want to buy a Jackson Neck and a locking FR nut.

The thing is, the nut says it has offset mounting holes, and I don't know if it'll fit or not. Do you think it will? It looks as though if I turn it upside down it would fit. Should I?

Thanks,
Joe
Quote by Jim Morrison
Last edited by cpljwlusmc at Jul 13, 2007,