Hello,

Yesturday I decided to make my old Austin P-style bass into a fretless, here are the pics:

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/pepper2123/?action=view&current=002-1.jpg

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/pepper2123/?action=view&current=001-1.jpg

I got the frets off with a utility knife and pride them up with a flat head screwdriver then after all of the frets were off i put FLATWOUND strings on it (if your planning on doing this project use flatwound strings, it will save you time, effort and price of putting round wounds on). I also put a crapload of lemon oil on the fretboard so in the end the fret knotches look just like little lines.

tell me what you think of my job!!!!!
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

I wouldn't advise jamming out the frets next time . Also, you want to feel where the frets are in so that when your fingering you don't feel the nothingness that is there. Also, it would be a pain to slide I'm guessing. It's a good job for a first try but it needs that work to be done on it. Also, just as another note. The bass body looks really nice, although the headstock is a bit too rigid looking for my tastes.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

itll be alot easier to play than standard fretless basses. lol.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by AboveTheBridge
I wouldn't advise jamming out the frets next time . Also, you want to feel where the frets are in so that when your fingering you don't feel the nothingness that is there. Also, it would be a pain to slide I'm guessing. It's a good job for a first try but it needs that work to be done on it. Also, just as another note. The bass body looks really nice, although the headstock is a bit too rigid looking for my tastes.

well actually you can slide sooo easy on it and if you slide on the higher notes it sounds soo funky and traditional. I know it needs alot of work with pickups and i should sand it with epoxy on the fretboard but im broke lol. But thank you for the critismim <---SP
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15