I made a thread about a 1966 Honda C110 motorcycle making it across country a while ago but when I went to buy it the owner (some 50 year old motorcycle expert) slapped the **** out of me.

So now I have a question for the motorcycle enthusiasts of UG:

Is a 1987 Honda Rebel with 10k miles, new tires/tubes/battery, and rebuilt carb worth $1300? Could it make it across the country?
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
I love motorcycles! I dream of buying a broken up bike and fixing it up before I get my license next year.. Only thing is, I know nothing about mechanics.
Hahaha...I definitely wouldn't take a small bike cross country. I would have at least a 500cc engine. I was riding a 250cc 1980 rebel and trying to keep up with my dad's 1200cc BMW, it just wouldn't do it. I guess if you took it slow and easy it might make it. It's just that I wouldn't suggest it. And if it's in good condition and is a larger engine size, then it's worth $1300.
You need something faster than the rebel biker gangs have.

Obv reasons, i wouldnt want to be the victim of a gang rape, would you?

Least 500cc, 4 stroke, tight leather.
Quote by rodpod91
Hahaha...I definitely wouldn't take a small bike cross country. I would have at least a 500cc engine. I was riding a 250cc 1980 rebel and trying to keep up with my dad's 1200cc BMW, it just wouldn't do it. I guess if you took it slow and easy it might make it. It's just that I wouldn't suggest it. And if it's in good condition and is a larger engine size, then it's worth $1300.

No **** bwoy!
The rebel is def a starter bike and, even tho that is a good price for one, your gonna want to save up a little more and get a bigger bike, specially if your going cross country with it.
So it goes.
I love motorcycles, though I like the new ones better.. I'm about to check out a Yamaha YZF 600R Thundercat -96 some of these days, and I'm hopefully going to get it