i have been looking at necks for my RG build and im not sure whether to use a standard ibanez wizard neck or a jackson style one, i know most people will probably say the ibanez one because thats the way its meant to be but i think the jackson style one looks so much cooler, also could anybody tell me if the jackson neck will work or not because of the nut-bridge distance etc.all other info on this would be greatly appreciated.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
ive alwasy found that ibanez necks feel better for shred, evn though the headstock doesnt look as cool as a jackson
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Don't quote me on this, but it should be fine if the scale lenghts are the same. You might have to do some modification to either the neck or the pocket to get the neck to fit in, and you would lose the All Access Neck Joint (Jackson neck has square heel) unless you round out the Jackson heel to make it look like the Ibanez one.

Which neck do you like the feel of more?

EDIT: you can get an RG neck with a reverse headstock, kind of pricey and hard to find though
Well personally I like Ibanez necks, they are really fast and smooth, but it's personal choice, if you like jackson's go for it!
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
if the neck pocket is the right size and the screws are the same on the back, sure, it'll work. and when you say "nut-bridge distance" that translates to "scale length" and thats something which doesnt need to be absolutely exact
the neck pocket size and screw isnt essential because im making the body so i could make it to fit.and yes scale length is what i meant just couldnt think of the word,
mmm just depends on which one i find cheapest on ebay first.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT