Ok well ive been reasearching long time now. And i wana know which is best, i play lots of sabbath, cream style stuff, hendrix, meagadeth and other metal such as zak. I got a SG IOmmi sig epi, and a metal muff.

Now i wana know which is best for this genre. Now i know the VC30 is aimed more at the classic rock front, and sounds similar to vox and marshall, where as on the other hand the LC-30 is aimed more at more modern stuff and has a more american sound like fender.

NOw i heard that the LC-30 is good but sounds crap at higher volumes, but i also heard some bad reliabilty issues on harmony central about the vc30.

Anyway at the moment im proberly swinging towards the VC-30, but will it do metal? Like could i put it on the clean channel and stick on my metal muff distortion pedal? I know i can by overdrive pedals for other sounds just need to know can i definately go metal with this amp. Or should i buy the amp of my mate (LC-30) in a few months time when he sells it? He said he will show it to me first before he shows anyone else or advertises, so thats cool. Also his amp has an upgraded speaker.

And on the subject of speakers, if I do get either of these, which model shal i get? Single 12 inch, double 10 inch, or double 12 inch. I think im liking the 12 inch more, cause i think the 10 inch would be to treberly. And i heard that the distortion on the single 12 wasnt as good as on the double 12 or 10. Anyway thanks for all your comments, or soon to be comments. All help appreiated

P.S Its gona be very hard for me to try one of these amps out, although the LC-30 is a posibilty at my friends house. Ok thanks guys!

Well at the moment im proberly swinging VC-30
ye i wanna know if the VC30 will sound good with a metal muff or just metal in general.
It might be a good idea to post this in the Laney thread?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
i had the LC...it was pretty good..but then it wasnt that good. slightly muddy and noisy at high volumes.
i think you pretty much know the answer already as you already stated it in the opening post... the vc will do the classic stuff better, the lc the more modern stuff.

You might want to check out a hughes and kettner edition tube and marshall dsl401 too, if you can get a wee bit more cash. At the end of the day it's down to you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i check out the 401 i know its versatile but dont really excel in anything

Myy biggest ? is will the VC cope with metal if i use the right distortion pedal
Quote by 3nemy
ye i wanna know if the VC30 will sound good with a metal muff or just metal in general.

A VC with a metal muff will sound good. Of course not as good as a 5150 or whatever, but still, good.
yeah i like vintage sounds anway dont like a really crisp sound more like muffled muddy tone. Ok thx So ill just have to save the money now.

BTw which is the best model 112, 210, 212
VC will do metal.
I'd either go for the 112/210.
The 210 has a slightly better set of speakers, and will project volume better. But you could always just get the 112 and swap out the speaker. Theyre both identicle, otherwise.
^ i dunno if i'd be so sure it'd do metal. it might, but you'd need to try it with a booster/eq etc. to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey,
I run Maton MS 2000 Deluxe (Les Paul style guitar) through a H & K tube factor pedal into my Laney VC 30, I gig with this combo regularly and because of the mid sweep on the H & K I can go blues to boddy (I also use a hot cake for a solo boost and to cut through and a Keely hot fuzz to get endless sustain). So Yeah I know you can get that sound out of it. The difference between using the classic VC and more modern style amps, is you get more of a bright top end, which I personally love, and a more pure tone (imo). In live situations what you really want is to cut through the noise anyway, so I reckon go with the VC30.

Hope that helps

AJ Crawshaw
12 inch definitely,

small warning though the VC30 is loud for its size, not a practice amp.