Have a kramer LFR

Question 1: Does the spring-claw in the back have to be straight? i.e do the screws have to be pretty much the same amount out, or can i tilt it? Reason I ask is because the bridge is perfectly balanced on the treble end but a little higher on the bass end.

Question 2: When I Push my floyd all the way down or up, the G string loses tuning by a little bit, maybe like a slight turn of the fine tuners, but it bugs me nonetheless. Everyother strings stays solid no matter how much I use the whammy. Any advice? Things at the nut seem fine and I think its a problem at the bridge

Question 3: Locking nut vs locking tuners. Can i get a normal nut put in and have locking tuners instead? Is it advisable? Would I lose any tuning stability?

Question 4: Are OFRs really worth it? What do I gain by stepping up to one?

Thanks
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
um, the screws shouldnt be a problem.

the g string always goes out of tune. ive found that on all three of my guitars.

and im not sure whether a locking nut or locking tuners would be the better choice, but im sure it would help with keeping that g string in tune.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
1: doesn't have to be straight unless you want to fit a Tremol-No.

2: you could try making sure the floyd is perfectly balanced and in tune etc. and see if it still does it. if it does, come back to us, lol.

3: locking nut is better.

4: maybe. if you use the trem a lot, and your current trem isn't holding tuning properly and/or you don't think your current trem is responsive etc. enough, it might be worth it.

You'd also need to check one would fit; it might not. Not all floyds are the same size.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely need a locking nut. G strings are notorious for going out of tune, especially on lighter guage sets. Put your ear directly against the guitar body (unplugged and in a quiet room) and work the whammy bar up and down sort of slowly. Are you hearing any scrapes or popping noises (not just spring stretch noise?) Feel any scraping through the trem arm? Sometimes the LFR's get a little worn and start getting tempermental. The metal in the LFR's is sometimes not as hard (tempered) as the OFR's. If you hear the noises I described you may want to upgrade to the original Floyd.
thanks guys.
I'm not hearing any scraping and the motion of the Floyd is smooth(no discernible friction).
uldhppi said lighter gauge G strings go out of tune easier. I'm gonna be shifting to 10s from 9s anyway so I'll see if the thicker gauge helps.
Everything at the bridge end seems smooth to me, I even checked the saddles for any rough edges and it was all fine..but I'm gonna try rubbing a pencil in the grooves to just keep it frictionless.
thanks guys
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350