i cant get the intro to master of puppets by metallica right, soo any1 got tips on ways i can improve my picking pattern or or anyway to help my play the intro ? thanks
just start it out very slowly and work it up to speed. it WILL take a while, ,don't expect to get it your first try
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
you DOWNPICK the WHOLE THING. if anyone tells you otherwise, they are WRONG, my fellow metalhead. start downpicking an open low E and then work up the frets. i usually do about 5 for each fret and see how far i can get before my hand gets tired. thats a homemade downpicking exercise right there. lol. Master of Puppets is a very difficult song at first.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
another way is to learn the intro of unholy confessions by a7x if you learn that you canplay master of puppets in no time
before i play master of puppets, i usually play laid to rest by lamb of god. i usually downpick everything, and laid to rest helps TONS.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
its easy if you alternate pick, but thats really not how its supposed to be played. All downpicking is hard, and i thought i could pick fast.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by Shredder Guitar
before i play master of puppets, i usually play laid to rest by lamb of god. i usually downpick everything, and laid to rest helps TONS.

that song is so hard to play up to speed
i agree. but i use it to practice alot. also, anything off the master of puppets album really can improve everything about downpicking and alternate picking. and to the guy above me, lol, im not using sarcasm at all. im giving advice by telling what i usually do.
Quote by Gunpowder
Last edited by Shredder Guitar at Jul 13, 2007,