So, Im looking at buying this guitar (amazing looking, huh?).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-AX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512022

The only problem is, that I really wanted something with a Floyd Rose, or some other type of whammy bar.
Would it hurt the guitar if I were to install one onto it? Has anyone had any experience with doing this?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
it wouldn't hurt the guitar, but it'd sure hurt your wallet. you'd need to pay someone to route your guitar, fit the trem, and then pay for the trem ($180). You could be getting close to doubling the price; to be honest, you'd be better to get a better quality guitar which already comes stock with a floyd if you were willing to spend that amount of money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i said a better quality guitar, not one that's about the same but which costs twice as much...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its not worth paying the price of routing it for a floyd. just put a direct mount kahler on there if it'll fit so you'll only have to pay for the actual unit and installation
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
You couldn't put an OFR on it, you would have to put a Kahler on it. Which is just fine.

I do agree with Dave_Mc though. You will kick yourself in the ass for making a crappy investment.
I would just get a guitar with a floyd rose in it, and quite possibly a better looking guitar. If you put a FR in that guitar, you'd regret it when you realize how lame that guitar is.