.. and i would like a bit of overall advice. Firstly I play pretty much any style so I need a fair bit of versatility. Ive been looking at the jackson dk2m (which I can get for £320), I want a locking trem and 24 frets, but i would like to avoid active pickups. Im also after Laney VC30 212 which ive found new for £295.

A few questions:
- Would the Jackson and Laney amp go well together? (I have played both but not together)
- Would I be able to get a good metal tone from the Laney when i want it by using something like a metal muff?
- Approx how much would it cost to replace the licensed floyd rose in the Jackson with an original?
cant answer your first two questions, but OFRs go for approx. $200.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

Schecter Gryphon
Vox AD30VT

Lost my tubergity to a Valveking.
yes laney are good for metal, yes they should work and good call oin the cheap tube amp, as for the floyd it may not be worth it, or even fit
Quote by whitebeast666
cant answer your first two questions, but OFRs go for approx. $200.

Thanks, however I meant how much with regards to installation costs (I suck at technical stuff)

Quote by stephen_rettie
yes laney are good for metal, yes they should work and good call oin the cheap tube amp, as for the floyd it may not be worth it, or even fit

Are you sure cos ive heard that Jacksons LFRs can be a little dodgy? And that particular Laney is a low gain one.