I recently bought some blank strat bodies, and just recently i received my new necks that i plan on putting on the bodies. The problem is that the necks have a 'round heel' meanwhile the bodies are routed for square heel necks. There isn't a huge gap but they sit loosely anyways... my question is if and when i bolt the necks will they stay in snugly or would i have to modify it somehow to avoid future problems... and also should i paint inside the neck pocket as well?
you should take and square the heel of your neck to fit the pocket and you shouldnt paint the neck pocket because it throws your dimensions off
if i square it it'll make the neck sit deeper in the pocket and throw of the intonation won't it?
yes it will, i recommend sending the necks back and ordering square heeled necks instead. if you try and bolt them on as is it'll look crappy and more than likely wont stay in tune/ stay in place.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Latin_Morello
if i square it it'll make the neck sit deeper in the pocket and throw of the intonation won't it?

well, it will, it might be correctable, though, if you can return the necks and get the right ones i'd say go for it, it'll be alot less work