does anyone know a good tutorial on how to play poker? im gonna download partypoker. but i want to learn how to play first.
lol. im not asking about programs to play it. im asking about instructions to play it. i dont know the first thing about poker.
Just type in 'how to play online poker' on google. Learn the hand rankings in order, the format the cards are dealt in, then just play. All the sites have play money to practise so that is the best way to learn it rather than from a book. If you need specific advice just reply back, poker is kinda my job at the moment so willing to help.
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
Quote by Lord_Xian
Just type in 'how to play online poker' on google. Learn the hand rankings in order, the format the cards are dealt in, then just play. All the sites have play money to practise so that is the best way to learn it rather than from a book. If you need specific advice just reply back, poker is kinda my job at the moment so willing to help.

thanks. i think thats the best advice so far. and out of the million online poker games. which do you reccomend?
Quote by evan1234567
thanks. i think thats the best advice so far. and out of the million online poker games. which do you reccomend?

Well depends what you prefer, I first played pacific poker, it was basic just a square on a table with people's names on and their money. Now I'm on PKR (www.pkr.com) with 3D people and gestures and everything to make it realistic. I prefer it, almost like a real game so I'd go with that. It is very disorientating at first however, but most people will help you if you ask in the chat box.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
Quote by Lord_Xian
Well depends what you prefer, I first played pacific poker, it was basic just a square on a table with people's names on and their money. Now I'm on PKR (www.pkr.com) with 3D people and gestures and everything to make it realistic. I prefer it, almost like a real game so I'd go with that. It is very disorientating at first however, but most people will help you if you ask in the chat box.

i play PKR as well

whats your Username i will have you a game.

I hate when you play tournys and first hand everyone just goes all in

GRR though eliminates most of the competition.

I remember once i got a Royal Flush, not in PKR but playing with friends and omg i folded it and didn't realise till after.

Yes you can flame me i totally deserve it, i was kicking myself and what made it worse was my mate had 4 kings and only hand which can beat it is royal flush.

*tear
Last edited by str84ever at Jul 13, 2007,
Quote by str84ever
i play PKR as well

I remember once i got a Royal Flush, not in PKR but playing with friends and omg i folded it and didn't realise till after.

Yes you can flame me i totally deserve it, i was kicking myself and what made it worse was my mate had 4 kings and only hand which can beat it is royal flush.

*tear

My name is Terminus, I'm doing the $750 guarenteed MMT at the moment. Yes there are some real donkeys on there, get about 5 people sometimes going all in with anything.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
Quote by str84ever
i play PKR as well

*tear

I may have a go at the $200 freeroll tonight so could see you in that, won it on tuesday and came 3rd last night.

4 kings can be beated by 4 aces or any straight flush.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
Last edited by Lord_Xian at Jul 13, 2007,
Learn the following things:
What hands to play preflop (be patient, don't throw money away on 9 2)
Learn how and when to check raise
Learn to slow play (sparingly)

Learn that you're gonna have hot streaks and cold streaks. Stick with it though, poker is a game of patience.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by magicninja_
Play at betzip.com where you can actually win money without having to pay a single cent. i myself have won $35 playing there.

That betzip looks fairly interesting, but you still have to pay a monthly fee to use it, or did you just do the two week free trial.

If you are an online player, PKR this week has some huge tournaments from $5k to $35k so have a go, I myself may do the $15 buy in for $12.5k, 4000 stacks and 20 min blinds it will be awesome.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00