Ehhh, Why the hell ( sorry ) would you want one of those :O ?
Im just asking <3
i know its awesome, but why?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
8 necks seems a little excessive, will they each be different in some way (tuning, number of strings, fretless, etc.)?
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
good look getting your arms around that hahaha. i mean i could only think of about 4 different things to do with those necks .

you could dual each pair of 4 up like a gatlin gun haha
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Last edited by admbwr at Jul 13, 2007,
Quote by admbwr
good look getting your arms around that hahaha. i mean i could only think of about 4 different things to do with those necks

No its the thread starter, that told us the thingy with its an 8 neck
It's going to have Bass necks, 12 string , 6 string , Fretless , 7 string, What ever I want really. It's just something different.
Here's an idea.

1: Bass

2: Frettless bass

3: 6 string

4: 7 String

5: 12 string

6: Fretless 6 String

7: Fretless 7 String

8: Fretless 12 or an 8 string...

Not in that order, but those necks. Keep us updated.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by PTModIT
It's going to have Bass necks, 12 string , 6 string , Fretless , 7 string, What ever I want really. It's just something different.

thats only 5 necks, id make the other three open tunings
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
PTModIT, your builds are amazing and this one is going to be no different! Please keep us up to date with everything you do!
Wow, that's amazing! How far have you gotten on that?
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
What the pic shows is 4 doubleneck bodies. Each body will be bolted together with polished aluminum flat plate in between.I love working with metal and wood.So actually I could make it into a 6 neck or a 4 neck. I guess it would be interchangable.That not the final body material. It was just mdf for a quick mockup.If your wondering the guitar would stand around over 3 feet tall.
Sweet.

You know what would be cool?

Making them as individual double necks, and then being able to bolt them together.

I don't know how you would do the inputs, though, so that's something I'd have to work on for a while to think of a way.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Quote by PTModIT
What the pic shows is 4 doubleneck bodies. Each body will be bolted together with polished aluminum flat plate in between.I love working with metal and wood.So actually I could make it into a 6 neck or a 4 neck. I guess it would be interchangable.That not the final body material. It was just mdf for a quick mockup.If your wondering the guitar would stand around over 3 feet tall.

that is one of the best ideas for a guitar(s) that i have ever heard
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Not sure how you will play it, but go for it!
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
3 feet? are you mad?
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by cpljwlusmc
Sweet.

You know what would be cool?

Making them as individual double necks, and then being able to bolt them together.

I don't know how you would do the inputs, though, so that's something I'd have to work on for a while to think of a way.

Very m.a.b, i like it.

Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Squire Strat.
Marshall AVT100 2000.
Ibanez Tube Screamer.
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff.
Boss Tuner.
Boss Chorus Ensemble.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby.
Left handed? I thought octopuses were ambidextrous.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
unless you've got really long arms, this thing is gonna be impossible to play. you might have to invent a stand to put it on, it'll be too heavy to carry while playing. or are you just building it to see if you can, rather than to play it?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by PTModIT

ok well i don't really see how you're going to have any bass or 8 string (7 string maybe) necks if you've already routed it out for guitar as these will all have much wider neck pockets plus the fact that you will need a longer length from bottom of the neck to the bridge. I suppose you might fit one on each end but that would sacrifice control space. You might be needing a bigger body methinks.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
this build makes me laugh at how HUGE and abitious it is ( not laugh in a bad way, more of a Woaah, thats gonna be craaazy)

you could do scalloped necks onit too, a scalloped bass ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT