I've using a JazzIII or something for a year now. It's a small pick, but only yesterday I played with a bigger and thiner pick, and it's so much easier. I make far fewer picking mistakes.

What are the advantages of slim big picks over small and slightly thick ones?
Dunlop Tortex 0.50 mm

The red ones, i used to use the green ones, but i found out the red ones are actually better for alternate picking (imo).
Jazz IIIs.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Im happy noone said that thinner picks make you play faster. Thicker picks are better for faster playing styles. I play Dunlop .96 mm
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
It varies for me. I used to only the Dunlop Tortex .88mm picks but recently I've gotten accustomed to larger picks. Currently I've been using 1.5mm and 2.0mm Gatorgrips, and these other 2.0mm Dunlop Nylon picks, not sure what they are exactly but they're purple.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Steves pluctums (pick, sigged) hard black and white

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Fender Heavy with a hole punched in the middle.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
fender thin or johnson medium

all i look for in a pick is just if it's thin or medium i dont really care as long as i can play with it so far
I used to play medium Fenders but got into the Heavies so i Bought 1.oo Tortex.
Then i used a medium and realised i could go faster so i try to use those but i like the feel of the thick ones.

Thick=confort
Thin=Speed
I just use whatever is around. I like the .88mm tortex ones a lot though.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Tortex .73's usually. I bought a zillion of them and am going through them slowly. Amazing how quickly they wear down, especially when trem picking. Although I no longer need a fresh pick to trem pick now, so life is good.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
Dunlop Stubby 2.0mm.
Guitars: Yamaha Pacifica 112J - Alvaro n° 25 classical guitar - Cort Earth 100F - Maton M425/12
Amps: Peavey Classic 30 - Roland Cube 30
Effects: Crybaby GCB95 wahwah- Digitech Bad Monkey
I've got a 4 sorts of Jim Dunlop with thickness verying between 0.60 and 1.00. Can't choose what to use, cause I always seem to have some problems with stuff, such as tremelo picking with a thick pick.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Dunlop Tortex .88mm or a 1.14mm
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
i use dunlop tortex .73mm for guitar, and i know this is wierd, but when i pick on my bass i use clayton triangle .5mm
Dunlop 3.0 Big Stubby
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
Dunlop 1mm. Seem about right for me at the moment, not too thin and not overly thick

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70