For like basiclly eighties metal music.
Like Mick Mars from the crue in the solo on Kickstart my heart
or sambora from Bon Jovi

CHoices:
Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox

Rocktron Banshee

Heil Sound Talkbox

Question Two:
What else do I need to use this without damaging it or my amp or a PA system.
So I can
Hook up to my tube amp ( Im kinda Scared)
or
Hook up to my singers PA
or
Hook up to an external Amp,

i dont know what will work or will not work
so just fill me in
i really want to use the talk box.
and actually BUY one.
Frampton Watch out!!!
haha
I have a Danelectro Free Speech. It has everything you need (including the mini mic). Just plug your guitar in, and connect the amp and the talk box, and the mic picks up the sound from your mouth and it comes back through the amp. So much fun to play around with.
Mmm... Yea i heard the Danelectro somehow is easier to set up than the others, but ive heard lots of ppl cant get theirs to work, due to maufactures defect.

Im looking to gig with this thing though.
This is my new toy to add a more diverse sound tto my band.
perhaps, if you wanted to gig with it, a more expensive and reliable one would suit you best. but i just use it as a bit of fun, so the free speech is ideal for me
yea im just worried about blowing my amp.
i do have an effects loop though i dunno if i can use that
OK so i cant decide between the rocktron and the heil one
the rocktron says it wont blow your amp.
due to the internal speaker and preamp
the dunlop is the one slash uses and frampton, and you get the picture
so im not sure.

has anyone used both of these?
has ANYONE HAD any experience with these
i wanna go with the Heil, but i think the ROcktron is a safer bet, as i wont blow my head
you know I've actually never had pumpernickel bread before, how is it?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
wow thats fascinating.
well thanks for all youe help
well actually ill only thank

FuzzBox_S1

since he;s the only one who really helped out
so thanks
I guess I'm one of the few on here who have dealt with talk boxes. I highly recommend the Rocktron Banshee. Rocktron does make it out to seem like it's 'plug and play' but you do need to mic it. If you have a PA that would be a good idea to plug the mic into that. Once you engage the talk box, it cuts the signal to your amp. If you have an extra amp laying around, it'd be fine to plug into that as well.

I've had both the Danelectro and Rocktron talk boxes. The Dan. is alright, but if you're playing live I would not recommend it. Honestly, the Dan. sounds pretty weak once you pass the 9th fret, it begins to sound like a shallow wah sound. It is the only 'plug and play' talk box due to the included mini mics that plug into the back of the pedal, but the mics are crap. I've tried to mic the Dan. but it's really not loud enough and doesn't give you the sounds you would expect from a talk box.

A lot of musicians use the Dunlop Heil, but I'd recommend the Rocktron Banshee. Sounds just as good, if not better. If you have any questions I might have missed or anything else, feel free to ask.
Yea i noticed a lot of people use the Heil, but i checked out a sound clip of the Banshee, and it sounds pretty awsome.
I think I will go with the Banshee.
Thanks for your help man.
Glad someone here know their talkboxes.

One Last question.
If im using my stack, how do i get the talkbox to make my guitar "talk" if my mic is hooked up to a Pa, or another mic?
So the talkbox is connected to all your effects, but the switch, will activate... ahh im sure its in the instructions.

WHat would be a good mic to use with this?
I was thinking a Shure Sm57?
If you don't have an extra mic to use with your talk box you'll need to pick up another mic. Once you turn the talk box on it cuts the signal to your amp. The talk box on its own is pretty loud, but still needs to be mic'd to be heard in a band or live setting. It's very easy to use, you'll figure it all out with no problem if you get one. If you still have questions when you get one, I'd be glad to help out.

An SM57 would work fine.
The Danelectro is quite good i have one, it's cheaper than the others too, but they are difficult to use effectively, if you ever gig with one, DO NOT use the included mics, they are terrible, use it with a SM57 or something. You don't want to send the output to a guitar amp either, which is what the supplied mics connected to the mini-jack input does, there's no output (danelectros don't have much output anyway, my 12-string doesn't either, but it still ROCKS), so you'll have to turn the volume up a lot and you'll have to be on the clean channel otherwise you get feedback. Use it with a separate mic that is connected to the PA, otherwise the results will be terrible.

I've heard the other talkboxes have more volume and you can adjust the tone etc, but the danelectro is as loud as it needs to be without rattling your teeth out of their sockets. One thing about the dano though, is the controls are wierd. The volume controls the Mic input volume, growl is the speaker gain.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
hey I was thinking about getting at talk box too I was just wondering if it can be used with sold state amps? And I heard you saying something about have to use it with two amps or a pa or something. well I have two amps a fender fm100 and a peavey bandit and I also own a peavey XR600G PA. So would the talk box work with my set up? And is there anything eles that I have to buy (besides the talkbox) for it to work?

Thanks.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
sheldonpardy You can use a talk box with any amp - solid state, tube, or modeling. It'll work just fine. What talk box are you thinking about getting? If you're looking at the Rocktron or Dunlop, you'll need to pick up a microphone and possibly a mic stand if you don't already have one.
whats the microphone for?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
You need to mic the talk box. You'll run the tubing from the talk box up the mic stand. You can either tape or use a cable tie to keep the tube close to the mic. The mic will pick up the sound and amplify it through the PA or another amp you're using.
i just got the rocktron
it is amazing
Guitarmiester the sound comes out of the tubing and you use your mouth to talk the sound into shape, the mic just picks this up.
It's weird
i know but once you get it
it makes sense.
1 last question
im using it in my room with the built in amp (which is a nice feature)
now tomorrow i play with my band
so i have my stack
the cable out to the pedals with the rocktron talk box in the chain,
and out to the guitar
now since i have this talk box
will i need to adjust the ohms on my head?
my cab is a 4ohm stereo cab.
its an old carvin

i read that talk boxes affect the ohms switch on the head.
but i read that the rocktron is just plug and play basiclly
i dont want to damage my tube amp.
If you're using the rocktron you shouldn't have to change anything....if you were running, lets say, a heil..well that would be different
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
typically though, if using a heil or something like that, you will run the talk box through a small amp (about 30 watts or even less), because running anything higher will run the risk of blowing a head or rattling your teeth out of your face
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge