Poll Options
View poll results: Tyler or "Jack"
Tyler-Pitt
26 34%
Tyler(Jack)-Norton
50 66%
Voters: 76.
Page 1 of 2
So which Tyler is cooler Edward Norton, or Brad Pitt??
also just discuss this movie that is truely epic in quality...
I got bored of my old sig
Norton owns in the movie lol.

But in the book, Durden is ownage
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Quote by blackflag49
I don't get this...weren't they the same guy?

yes he had multiple personalities, im asking which one was cooler.
looks like i wasn't the only one who watch fight club last night
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Norton is awesome. Yet the book is more awesome. Go read it... NOW!
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by cyclobs

haha yeah, ive seen it a million times before, but my just went out and bought it, so ive ssen it a few times lately
yeah edward norton totally owns fight club, but brad pitt is pretty amazing too..
last night got the collectors edition in steelcase!! a few months ago i had got the normal edition but i thought hell its my fav movie all time why not get the collectors too?
Quote by Ranxston
Norton is awesome. Yet the book is more awesome. Go read it... NOW!

The book is just incredible. My favorite part is when Tyler is describing what his vision of the future is. In the book it is more detailed and awesome.

My favortie Tyler is Pitt, but Norton defined greatness in Fight Club.
The internet kicks my ass on a regular basis.
this movie truly did give me a great deal of respect for brad pitt.
I want you. To hit me as hard as you can...
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
^^ yeah this movie has a lot of great quotes. Post favorites?

"If I had a tumor, I'd name it Marla"
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"

"Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them. "
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
"Every night I died, and every night I was reborn again."

Great movie. Edward Norton was ****ing brilliant in Fight Club, so he was the better Durden.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

this is why i loved pitt
The internet kicks my ass on a regular basis.
Ed Norton's name isn't Jack in the movie.

And I would say Ed Norton's Tyler wasthe one I could more see eye to eye with, and, IMO, he acted better then Crad, but Brad's Tyler was way more badass.

So, I guess Brad's Tyler was the cooler character, but Ed's Tyler was just better in every other way.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
fight club is far and away my #1 movie of all time. It was the one thing that i can truly say helped me when i was going through depression. It was so reassuring to hear that all the things i didnt have or thought i couldnt be didnt really matter anyway. For that reason i have to say pitt-Durden was better just because he was so adament in his message.
Quote by fallenangel20

i know that it technically wasnt but, he is often reffered to in that way by fans because of the way he is reading those organ pamphlet things and he says things like: i am jacks crushed spirit or whateverrandombodypartyouwanttoputinhere
Quote by fallenangel20

And I would say Ed Norton's Tyler wasthe one I could more see eye to eye with, and, IMO, he acted better then Crad, but Brad's Tyler was way more badass.

So, I guess Brad's Tyler was the cooler character, but Ed's Tyler was just better in every other way.

Yeah, his name was Tyler, but until you find that out, some people call him "Jack", referring to his thoughts where he says stuff like "I am Jack's cold sweat" or my favorite "I am Jack's smirking revenge"
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN

Quote by zEp101
Yeah, his name was Tyler, but until you find that out, some people call him "Jack", referring to his thoughts where he says stuff like "I am Jack's cold sweat" or my favorite "I am Jack's smirking revenge"

also not correct, his name was not tyler, his alter egos name was tyler, his name before the personality tyler was created is never revealed (in the movie anyway, i have yet to read the book so i dont know )
^^his name isn't Tyler. Tyler Durden is his alter-ego, but tyler isn't actually his name. That's why he's credited as "narrator" in the credits, and why, for example, he looks crestfallen when Meat Loaf says "have you heard of tyler durden?"

He doesn't have a name, I think he's supposed to be a sort of everyman.

edit: above beat me to it. his name isn't given in the book either. I call him "edward norton" in both. Sort of like how I told my friend about how Hunter S. Thompson wrote Fear and Loathing about the time he went to Vegas with Benicio del Torro.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Last edited by iforgot539 at Jul 14, 2007,
Quote by FloydWaters
also not correct, his name was not tyler, his alter egos name was tyler, his name before the personality tyler was created is never revealed (in the movie anyway, i have yet to read the book so i dont know )

Have you seen the movie? The main character's name was not revealed until he finds out that he, in fact, is Tyler Durden. Therefore, his name, without a doubt, is Tyler Durden. You just don't find that out until later in the movie, and some call him Jack early in the movie.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN

Quote by zEp101

Oh, I know.

I just saw the (Jack) in the poll.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Is real name isn't Tyler. He sometimes assumed the when he became "Tyler" but his actual given name, the name that the narrator, while he's himself, thinks his name is must be something different. Marla and The Space Monkeys come to know him as Tyler but it's just an assumed name.
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
^^his name isn't Tyler. Tyler Durden is his alter-ego, but tyler isn't actually his name. That's why he's credited as "narrator" in the credits, and why, for example, he looks crestfallen when Meat Loaf says "have you heard of tyler durden?"

He doesn't have a name, I think he's supposed to be a sort of everyman.

edit: above beat me to it. his name isn't given in the book either. I call him "edward norton" in both. Sort of like how I told my friend about how Hunter S. Thompson wrote Fear and Loathing about the time he went to Vegas with Benicio del Torro.

yessir you are correct, and i think your right about the everyman thing, hence why he is given a name like jack.. Thats pretty off the shelf(well for those of us in america anyway)
also if you watch the cast commentary(which is very good, except for Helana bonham carters parts) edward calls his character by the name Jack
Yeah Norton's character name isn't mentioned, not even in the book. So he's referred to as Narrator. Jack is only the reference to the first-person organs, in the book it's actually Joe because he was the actual guy who wrote these articles in Reader's Digest.

Some interesting differences between the movie and book too. Like in the book he doesn't meet Tyler on the plane, in the book Tyler kills his boss, in the book there is a bunch of testicles in the fridge and the end is very different in the book.

Rules of Project Mayhem
1. You don't ask questions.
2. You don't ask questions.
3. No excuses.
4. No lies.
5. You have to trust Tyler.

You have seriously not lived if you haven't read the book though.
Quote by joeyj123
i just finished reading the book and one thing confused...
did he die or not?
What? Brad Pitt's version of Tyler Durden is something Norton created in his mind, and he most likely gave Pitt his actual name after he started using fake names at the help centers and meetings. Norton's actual, real, birth name is Tyler mother****ing Durden.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN

Quote by wenwi91
i just finished reading the book and one thing confused...
did he die or not?

***SPOILER***

no. He's in a mental institution, but refers to it as heaven, and refers to his doctor as God. this is why, for instance, Marla is able to visit him (or call him, i forget which). Read through it again with that in mind and it all falls into place.
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
***SPOILER***

no. He's in a mental institution, but refers to it as heaven, and refers to his doctor as God. this is why, for instance, Marla is able to visit him (or call him, i forget which). Read through it again with that in mind and it all falls into place.

Beat me to it.
Quote by joeyj123
Quote by cyclobs

Hooray for channel 9 not showing crap all the time!
██████████████████████
██`````````██`````````██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████████
Quote by FloydWaters
zep, you are very very wrong...

whatever dude.
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN

Page 1 of 2