(Click to enlarge)
Which input should i be going into?
I've always used the right input..even though it's on the left . What's the difference between the two?
Last edited by mr_fruitbowl at Jul 14, 2007,
it looks like all it is is really two different channels, but if you are getting somewhat of a different sound when stick with the one on the left
Just mono and stereo? It doesn't matter which one i put it into it wont damage the amp?
Then how do i get 8ohms?
The way it's labeled, it looks to me like the "Left input" side serves as a mono 8 ohm input if there's nothing plugged into the right side.

But that's just my best guess.

Why don't you plug in the way you always do, and stick your head next to each side of the cab to see if both (all?) the speakers are running? Then try the same thing with the other input.

The good news is that plugging an 8 ohm head into a 16 ohm load won't damage anything. But if your cab isn't rated for twice your amp's wattage, you are in danger of blowing a speaker.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ err are you joking? It says marshall on it..
No i use the 16 ohm input anyway. So the "right input" (the input on the left) is ok to use?

I can't remember which one i usually use. But my amp is actually broke at the moment so I thought that maybe I damaged it by putting it into the wrong input.
You would plug into the Mono input unless you have stereo output from your head, in which case you would plug into both. Unless you have like stereo delay or something then i would guess that you would just plug into mono.
So plug into the one that says "left input"? And how do i get it to 8ohms then? Use both inputs?
Quote by mr_fruitbowl
So plug into the one that says "left input"? And how do i get it to 8ohms then? Use both inputs?

Again, my best guess:

The "left input" side would serve as an 8 ohm mono load that uses the whole cabinet.

If you just plug into the "right input" side, I believe you'll be powering only half the cab's speakers for a 16 ohm load.

Looks to me like the cab is wired with a 16 ohm load on each side, and from there wired in parallel so that the whole cab in mono has an 8 ohm load. I've never seen one input serving as both one side of stereo AND the mono input, too, though. That's what's throwing me off.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.