Hey People!!!!
Anyone have any spare time in their busy schedule to recommend any simple riffs or intros of songs that i'm likely to know?? lol.
Trying to give myself a crash course in learning the guitar asap really.

Cheers in advance.

Ryan
well how long have you been playing try smoke on the water obviously iron man
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

GEAR
FENDER HOT ROD DELUXE
YAMAHA PACIFICA
BOSS DS2
POD XT LIVE
Black Sabbath- Iron Man (intro)
Deep Purple- Smoke on the Water (intro)
AC/DC- Back in Black (intro)
Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven (whole song)

Four that are necessary to claim yourself a guitarist. (Not really, but most guitarists know them)
Here are some others:

Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit (intro)
Nirvana- Come as You Are (intro)
RHCP- Can't Stop (intro)
Rage Against the Machine- Killing in the Name (intro)

There. Those are some that should be pretty simple, although some of them might be slightly difficult since you're just starting out.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Pantera- Cemetary Gates
Hendrix- Cocaine
Sabbath- Iron Man
Deep Purple- Smoke On Da Water

.. The Easiest Songs I Know Of
KILL 'EM ALL
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Metallica - For whom the bell tolls

those 2 are pretty easy ones...
Quote by metallicagurl23
Pantera- Cemetary Gates
Hendrix- Cocaine
Sabbath- Iron Man
Deep Purple- Smoke On Da Water

.. The Easiest Songs I Know Of

HOLY ****! A CHICK THAT LIKES METAL!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!! metallicagurl, you are a legend.

Oh, and as for beginner riffs, I'd say Iron Man, Smoke on the water and Maybe some AC/DC.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
Last edited by metalface211 at Jul 14, 2007,
It really depends on what genre of music you are into.
If you listen to a song you like & it doesn't sound too complicated, look up the tab here on UG
It takes time to become a good guitarist, so there's no real way to learn it instantly.
Just take your time & enjoy

~Loki <3
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
Thanks for all your info, there's tons of songs that i'm liking, but never am able to remember what they are called or who they are by!!!!!!
I know Smoke on the water - deep purple
Satisfaction - Rolling stones
Purple Haze - Hendrix (God)
White Stripes - Cant remember the song

I just wanna learn some good intros or guitar solo's!!!! & i'm at a loss (brain freeze) so can't thnik of any more,

Cheers 1 n all for your input!!!! this website/community is well good )
People that say Stairway To Heaven is a beginner's song are idiots...an intermediate song maybe but not beginner!

For BEGINNER songs.

Dammit - Blink 182
Be Like That - 3 Doors Down
A large part of Enter Sandman - Metallica

I'll have a bit more of a think but you can have loads of fun getting chords for songs and singing along too so maybe try that?
Last edited by Mr Montana at Jul 16, 2007,
Ok.......Stepping away from the subject slightly!!!!!!
Unfortunately i am not that into metallica ( its a shame i know!!! i have lived a sheltered lifestyle, but i love the song that is sampled in mission impossible 2!!!! anyone able to clue me up on what song it is so that i can attempt to massacre it on me leccy?? cheers
Learn some pop-punk and some powerchord songs to get your callouses built up and to familiarize yourself with the fretboard (Where the notes are, and being able to jump through frets faster), like "Dammit" by blink-182, "What's My Age Again?" by blink-182, "Fat Lip" by Sum-41 and some Green Day songs, really doesn't matter

Once you get familiarized with the fretboard and know your way around nicely learn some Red Hot Chili Peppers, like "Californacation (Intro)" "Scar Tissue (Pretty simple song really, learn it all), and maybe learn "The Hell Song" By Sum-41, I guarantee the solo will impress a few people.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
I learned simple songs like My Friends by Red Hot Chili Peppers, some Nirvana, that's some music to get you started. Then you can move on to Layla Acoustic by Eric Clapton.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
People that say Stairway To Heaven is a beginner's song are idiots...an intermediate song maybe but not beginner!QUOTE]

Agreed!

Stairway to heaven in not an easy song by far (for a beginner) Its a common and well known song. I always wonder why people say Straiway to heaven to a beginner guitarist, its like no!

some songs for beginners...

Blink 182-Whats my age again (its a bit fast, but you can pick up the speed after you learn it)
Oasis- Wonderwall is fine if you know some chords
The beetles- With a little help
Greenday-Wake me up when september ends
GnR- Welcome to the jungle (intro)

I dont know what else, theres loads...hunt around for songs you like and practice.
Remember learn something by an artist you like or a song you like!

Happy learning.