Page 1 of 3
I've been looking at alot of really nice guitars. And i was just wonderign what you guys think are the best guitars ever made. And don't just say that it's your guitar that is the best (unless you are serious), be truthful. And tell me why this guitar is the best. Thanks y'all
Have fun
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Jul 14, 2007,
There is no definitive best guitar. Each guitar will be better at playing one style of music or sound different then the guitar before it. But in my opinion Paul Languedoc - Custom Archtop Electric would be the best for me, and it cost $10,000.

Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

i think the only two you can make arguements for are the stratocaster and les paul. they're both in classes of their own. but then again thats pretty bias for me because those are the only two guitars i play...
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
I'd say the Fender Stratocaster. It can be used for so many styles of music and is in my opinion the perfect guitar. If it wasn't good then so many people wouldn't use one.
My gear:
-Fender Jaguar HH
-Fender Fat Strat
-Guild GAD-G212
-Washburn D33S
-Vox AC30CC1 tube amp
-Vox 847 wah
-EH Big Muff
-EH Double Muff
-EH POG
-EH Small Clone
Quote by subpop
I'd say the Fender Stratocaster. It can be used for so many styles of music and is in my opinion the perfect guitar. If it wasn't good then so many people wouldn't use one.

pretty much

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
In my opinion it's this list (and I want to own all of them!)

HUMBUCKERS:

Paul Reed Smith Custom 24; Artists serie ten-top:

(Invalid img)

SINGLE COIL:

Pensa-Suhr MK-2

COMBI (HUMB. + SINGLE-COIL):

Pensa-Suhr MK-1 ( H-S-S )

ARCHTOP:

Paul Languedoc Custom Archtop

I'd have to say the BEST guitar ever made is the one that HASN'T been made yet. The only way to consider something to be "the best" would be if it were custom built to the exact specs that YOU want, so it would be the best guitar for YOU since it's custom built exactly how you want it.
FOR ME: would be a custom 7-string with a 5pc Wizard I (I know they never made 5 pc wizard I necks, but that would be my custom demand), string through body and neck through aswell for maximum sustain. Custom inlays with LEDS on the neck above the fretboard for markings. Inverted headstock, alder body with flamed maple veneer in beautiful transparent sapphire, with the headstock matching. Jumbo 24 fret neck with a H - S - H pickup configuration with custom Bareknuckles 7 string hand wound pickups in there. Ohh god I could go on allllllllllllll day.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
one has got to be a PRS. there are so many awesome ones out there.

dean Caddy triple pup.
http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_06/cadillac_1980_3pu.htm

and my favorite guitar in my collection is the palomino:
http://www.deanguitars.com/bnds_v1/palomino_gn.htm
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
For Me
7 String- EBMM JP7 Mystic Dream Fully loaded
6 String 1- Caparison TAT II (h/h) Frozen Sky
6 String 2- Malmsteen Strat. Custom 22 fret neck . Jackson Headstock. Wizard Profile. Floyd Rose.
I'm back, you douchebags.
the wangcaster

EDIT: here's a pic
Attachments:
wangcaster.JPG
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Last edited by Phillitalian at Jul 14, 2007,
Well for versatility i would have to say the PRS 513. It has 5 single coil pickups capable of 13 sounds variations.

now if they only made an archtop of it
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

+1
And not as expensive as the Customs and pensa-suhr guitars!
I think an Ibanez S Prestige guitar is a pretty damn delicious guitar. The Zero Resistance locking trem is amazing, and it sounds even better with some Dimarzio pups in there (which it alread has..though they're pretty much stock pups, though I'd switch them out with something more meatier in the bridge, and maybe a TOne Zone in the Neck for when I'm not playing with crazy distortion, and when tone really counts) Plus, the bodies are soooo slim, it's sexy.
I agree with Sublime.... PRS guitars are of the highest quality, in my opinion.

But being the best is definitely a personal opinion when it comes to guitars. As musicians, we're all a little biased to our favourite brands. We think what we have is the best because it actually is the best for us.
Quote by fendermustang12
I think an Ibanez S Prestige guitar is a pretty damn delicious guitar. The Zero Resistance locking trem is amazing, and it sounds even better with some Dimarzio pups in there (which it alread has..though they're pretty much stock pups, though I'd switch them out with something more meatier in the bridge, and maybe a TOne Zone in the Neck for when I'm not playing with crazy distortion, and when tone really counts) Plus, the bodies are soooo slim, it's sexy.

Saids the man with Fender Mustang as username and Locking Tremelo Addict in his title :P... (not to offend you... just something that I noticed )
Quote by JvL
Saids the man with Fender Mustang as username and Locking Tremelo Addict in his title :P... (not to offend you... just something that I noticed )

I've had this account for a while, and I don't really feel like making a new one.
id say the stratocaster or the les paul cause if u have those 2 guitars u can play just about any kind of song u want. i personally prefer the les paul though
Standard Strats have more bang for your buck. If you set them up just right, they'll play pretty good.
Without a doubt, the PRS Custom. Both 22 and 24. Absolutely perfect for me.
I'd kill for one of them (tell me to do it, tell me!!! )
A pair of Custom 24 (one in flame Royal Blue and one in quilt Grey Black) and one Custom 22 (in flame Emerald Green), with that bird inlays and that unique singing tone... can be anything better than that??
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
O_o look at all of the PRS fans...

I might pick one up when they actually have guitars with a locking trem : [. Or...do they already have one? O_o.
Quote by grunge geek al
fender mustang

end of thread

Probably becase Kurt made it popular -_-

Well it is a pretty good guitar, the neck is nice and small and it feels great. But the stock pickups sound like le crapola.
Well despite being slightly biased to favorite artists... I always like High end ESP/Ibanez. But, The highest quality guitar, I find, is the high PRS.

EG:

PRS 513,
Custom 24
SC250....

All of the guitars made by PRS in the US are the best you can get for the price, and probably best quality.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Well despite being slightly biased to favorite artists... I always like High end ESP/Ibanez. But, The highest quality guitar, I find, is the high PRS.

EG:

PRS 513,
Custom 24
SC250....

All of the guitars made by PRS in the US are the best you can get for the price, and probably best quality.

I have a pretty good ESP LTD MH-300, it's my main guitar at the moment. It's a one piece with a Floyd : D. I had to switch out the EMG HZ's, they were pure crap.
Quote by fendermustang12

I might pick one up when they actually have guitars with a locking trem : [. Or...do they already have one? O_o.

Well, I've been a PRS lover since I was a child, so it's nothing new for me

They can come with the best non-locking tremolo I've ever played, but it doesn't matter how much you use it, the guitar will never go out of tune thanks to the great locking tuners

PS: I also like Ibanez, but if I want one for me, it should be custom made (that means I'd be endorsed by Ibanez), so it's impossible ^^'
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru

PS: I also like Ibanez, but if I want one for me, it should be custom made (that means I'd be endorsed by Ibanez), so it's impossible ^^'

I like Ibanez too, but I like the S prestige series.
Quote by fendermustang12

No, but you dont need a locking trem, do to the amazing locking tuners. Even without em, my Standard SE rarely goes out of tune. The tuning pegs/tuners PRS makes are top of the line.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Boy, all those millions of Stratocater players cannot be wrong!

There's their opinion (you know, Clapton's, Jimi's, Knopfler's, Gilmour's...) and my own humble opinion, which is that the Fender Strat is the ultimate thing. I absolutely love my Fender Strat, more than everything else.

I love my telecaster, and I love my Les Paul, but my Fender Strat is pretty special.
you cant really say what the "best" guitar is, you I would definitely say that either Fender Strats or Epi Les Pauls are the greatest, as in most famous.

although i like SGs wayyyyy more than LPs and strats in almost every respect.
Best guitar in terms of tone...

The original Dean Baby's are sooo sweet, especially the Baby Z's. I don't mean the ones with a bolt-on neck, look for the ones made from '78-86ish with a set neck. If you've ever played one, you would know exactly what I'm talking about. They have so much soul in their tone, it's crazy. The older regular Deans sound pretty great too, but not like the baby's...

Also the older PRS guitars sound amazing too. I'd stay away from anything made since 1999ish. All of their stuff is made on CNC machines, so it's a manufactured guitar, for profit and not handmade for the player. Plus their necks have these giant ass heels on them...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
never played something I liked more than my mustang, so i say the fender mustang

Quote by fendermustang12
Probably becase Kurt made it popular -_-

Well it is a pretty good guitar, the neck is nice and small and it feels great. But the stock pickups sound like le crapola.

uhhh...no they don't
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Dec 7, 2008,
What about Gibson Dark fire. It isn't out yet but it's gotten so many good reviews so far that it must be great.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Page 1 of 3