In what will be both my first time off the east coast of the US, and my first time on an airplane, AND my first two-week break from the Pit in my recorded history, I'm leaving tomorrow for Philmont!

http://www.scouting.org/philmont/

In a nutshell, Philmont is a Scouting ranch out in New Mexico where I'll be backpacking & doing programs like blacksmithing, burro (donkey) racing, and rifle/shotgun shooting until July 30, when I fly back to NC. I'm also doing it for the physical benefits, hiking 6-10 miles a day with a 30 lb pack on my back at 6,000 feet altitude.

It'll be me and 6 other guys, and 5 assorted adults. However, two of the guys are dicks unfavorable company so it'll just be me and 4 friends having fun!

The only negatives I can think of is that I'll have some pretty bad acne coming back, I'll probably miss the new developments of UGTV, and I'll be away from my guitar for half a month...

See you UGers August 1!! I'll miss the Pit and its crazy threads!

Oh, and so this doesn't count as spam, feel free to post fun experiences you've had while hiking/backpacking!
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Last edited by thefoldarsoldar at Jul 14, 2007,
Sounds awesome.

I walked 3 miles with a crate of beer in my bag, and I was knackered lol.

Good on you.
Ehh, have fun and such

And I'd talk about my experiences of backpacking and the like, but I'm too lazy to recall if I even have such experiences
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA

Bye foldarsoldar, we'll miss you!

In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Sounds pretty nice man! Hope all goes well and you have a good time.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

In a nutshell, Philmont is a Scouting ranch out in New Mexico where I'll be backpacking & doing programs like blacksmithing, burro (donkey) racing, and rifle/shotgun shooting until July 30, when I fly back to NC. I'm also doing it for the physical benefits, hiking 6-10 miles a day with a 30 lb pack on my back at 6,000 feet altitude.

Bah i am a Master Blacksmith skill 375
this one time a when hiking and well...

we climbed...

then we got to the top...

oh wait, you ment exciting hiking experiences didn't you?
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by str84ever

I'm kinda nervous about doing that cause of the whole "hammer hot metal spark" thing...
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
You can't just "leave" the pit
you are so gonna find ways to gain acces

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Oh, and so this doesn't count as spam, feel free to post fun experiences you've had while hiking/backpacking!
I don't think anyone will consider this spam, dude.

Have a great trip! Remember the rule of the Pit:

Pics or it never happened!

I mean that in the best possible way. Be sure to bring back some pics and post them.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by str84ever

Armorsmith or weaponsmith?
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I leave for seabase next week. My High Adventure owns your high adventeure. except my crew sucks. I hate every single one of the bastards. Best of luck WALKING while I get to SAIL the whole week!
Sig What?
Quote by darth awsome
I leave for seabase next week. My High Adventure owns your high adventeure. except my crew sucks. I hate every single one of the bastards. Best of luck WALKING while I get to SAIL the whole week!

Pssh, floating around on water is for noobs.

*wishes to go to seabase next summer *

...Yeah my friend who lives down the street is going to seabase.

And as for Pics or it didn't happen, one of the adults is bringing a digital camera and will upload the pics to my troop's website so I'll get them from there. However, I'll probably have to pick from a couple hundred.
Quote by Roc8995
Thanks guys, I'll tell all about it when I get back.

Quote by noxiosimitator
You can't just "leave" the pit
you are so gonna find ways to gain acces

Nope, theres nothing out there. The adults might have a cell phone, but other than that it's just us and what we brought in our backpacks.
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by Slut
Armorsmith or weaponsmith?

I mastered the chef profession and the Bio-engineer profession

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Quote by Jackolas
If anything paranormal happens, update us in the appropriate ghost thread.

^^ Will do.

Alrighty, the plane leaves in the morning so I'm gonna finish packing, have a final *rhymes with crank* and get some sleep.

-kthxbai!
Quote by Roc8995
yeah, i did that last summer, and it fucking sucked, lol. 85 miles is not that fun.
Oh Shit!
Quote by catchy phrase
yeah, i did that last summer, and it fucking sucked, lol. 85 miles is not that fun.

Our crew is only doing 56 I think... oh well.

More Activities > More Hiking.
Quote by Roc8995
I rode half of the North Carolina "Mountian to Coast Trail" I biked out from Mt Pisgah to a area a litle south of Charllote...it was so ****ing hard!!!!!!!!! and it took like half of my summer to get out there. We rented a car for the way back...and my grandfather kept on going until like the coast....and then he came back on a bus