I've written a new riff. But I wanna know which riff is better, the one at bars one through sixteen or 17 - 18 or ... 19 - 30 or finally 31 - 34.
Attachments:
Neat ickle riff.zip
i personally like 19-30 the best

1-18 is pretty good, but it takes too much time to build

they're all pretty cool though, IMO
i liked all the riffs, except for the first one.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

I didn't like the riffs, sounds like something sum 41 would write. maybe try to cut back on that tremolo style picking thing after each chord and go with a more metal or rock style riff. listen to some black sabbath to get an idea of what metal should sound like(least the kind i'm thinking of )

speaking of sabbath

heres my version of the Paranoid solo. maybe take a quick look(Crit 4 crit right?)
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by Csquared1001
I didn't like the riffs, sounds like something sum 41 would write. maybe try to cut back on that tremolo style picking thing after each chord and go with a more metal or rock style riff. listen to some black sabbath to get an idea of what metal should sound like(least the kind i'm thinking of )

speaking of sabbath

heres my version of the Paranoid solo. maybe take a quick look(Crit 4 crit right?)

who said metal should always sound like sabbath man as you can see he likes trivium from his avatar thus hes going for a more metalcore melodic approach and his riff suit that genre nicely, tbh ive never heard sum41 play stuff like that but w/e.

i think all the riffs actually apart from the last one, cos theres nothing really to it unless its simple a riff to join 2 sections or whatever.