Ok so want to get a nice tube amp as my ibanez tone blaster 25R sounds muddy and bland. SOOO. I was thinking of getting

the Epiphone Valve Jr Head

and a another epiphone thing for the crate

Would these be ok? I figure their great because of

1:---Many good reviewson both

2:---right up my alley.

But then On the down side--

1:----I dont know how the crate is.

2:---Im not sure of it?

3:---Will it play well on a epiphone Les pual standered?

-----------

I play everything from blues to metal.
Crate? What crate are you talking about? If you mean the amp HEAD, then yeah it's called a head. Crate is very confusing...because it is another guitar company.

I have heard that these are awesome, and a lot of people on this forum love them. For metal, you may be able to push it with an EQ, and a Metal Pedal, but really it is best for clean to blues and blues rock.

Also, know that it is gonna be pretty damn quiet, so I hope you aren't upgrading to play louder. It should sound great with an Epi Les Paul.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
you would be better off getting a tube combo for that price imo. (dont quote me, im no expert)

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I'm guessing by "the crate" you mean "the cab"?

If you want everything from blues to metal, you're looking at the wrong amp.

The VJ is just a very good one trick pony without extensive modding.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Yeah they may be kind of limited but I still like them. But I play blues and classic rock.
Quote by timi_hendrix
I'm guessing by "the crate" you mean "the cab"?

If you want everything from blues to metal, you're looking at the wrong amp.

The VJ is just a very good one trick pony without extensive modding.

+1 good for classic rock, blues and jazz at a pinch. certainly not metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you have a boost or OD pedal, it'll do metal decently at full volume with your pedal boosting it up. It's still not too great for it, though. If your main emphasis is on the classic rock and blues, it's great.
^ IMO you need to buy an EQ pedal and an OD pedal to get the most out of the VJ.

If you invest in a danelectro fish 'n' chips (or boss GE7 if you have the cash) and a digitech bad monkey (again, something like a tubescreamer if you have more money to spare) then it'll make the epi twice as versatile.

So you'd need to put in about another $80 at least to make it anywhere near versatile enough. The pricing may be a bit off, I'm used to working in £.

My Music
Great I already have a overdrive pedal and I dont play metal that much anyway! and noif I want loud i already have loud. (police have come) I need good.
^ yeah, and with that amount of extra money, you're hitting amps which might do those tones out of the box...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Well in that case if you get an EQ pedal then you should be ok with the VJ. I really do recommend the EQ, it'll open up new possibilities in terms of tone for you.

EDIT: But I do agree with dave, you should look around a bit more before you decide to definitely get a VJ.

My Music
well, if you're in the states, that 5 watt crate palomino was like $200, while the VJ is $150 or something like that now. I haven't tried the palomino, but from what i hear, it's worth a lot more than $50 more than the VJ.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?