I want to add a push pull mid boost to my tele, in the tone control, so it will function like a normal tone when pushed and when pulled it boosts the mids and still acting as a tone control. I know it's possible, but I haven't found a decent diagram. Can someone link/draw a good one?
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

Member #1 of the Telecaster Alliance

Founder of the MIJ Headcourt
PM me to join
it's pretty easy... you just use the DPDT portion of a push-pull as a bypass switch for the mid boost.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
no see, I don't have a midboost circuit, I mean this would do the action too. I read you can.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join
so then why do u need the push/pull switch if u don't have a midboost?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I mean the circuit of the midboost (passive circuit) will be part of the guitar normal wiring ciruit, and the push pull is to make it on or off.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join
wtf how did u make the mid boost?????

schematic/pics please!@!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by DWFK
I mean the circuit of the midboost (passive circuit) will be part of the guitar normal wiring ciruit, and the push pull is to make it on or off.

You can't do a boost with the circuitry being passive, the best you could do is create a set of filters to lose the high and low end. This is likely to get rid of a fair bit of volume though.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
http://www.jpbourgeois.org/guitar/micos1.htm

Under "A switchable mid boost\cut". I think that's when it's pulled when you rotate the knob it conrtols the boost or cut of the mids.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join
Boost = adding power.

You cannot add power passively.

Mid boosting requires a preamp to add the boost.
My Music
watch the diagram in the link I gave.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join
Quote by Link
When you turn down the mid control it cuts the mids yet leaves the lows and highs. When you turn up the mid control it rolls off some Lows and highs and leaves the mids, so it sounds as though you added mids. The only way to truly add anything is to have a active eq or preamp installed (which requires a battery.)

Yeah, no boosting to be done. It's just filters.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Last edited by the_random_hero at Jul 15, 2007,
I can get the circuit into a pedal, right?
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join
Quote by DWFK
I can get the circuit into a pedal, right?

Well, you probably could but I don't see the point. Go for something active, a 3 band EQ should be a nice start.
Hi Omri!
It's Amit from musictalk.
I can give you the diagram for my Midboost Circuit my dad designed, works wonderful. you can put it in your guitar but I think that without making it on a PCB you will need to route a bit of that beautiful Tele out, so I suggest you should make it a pedal. Furthermore, if you want to, I can build it to you as a pedal, finally I got some 3PDT switches for true bypass, which are very hard to get here in Israel.
strat player forever.
Midrange Boost / Cut Modification

Here's another cool mod for your tone control designed by Torres Engineering. It's a mid cut / boost (sort of) control that replaces your tone control and adds a few parts. When you turn down the mid control it cuts the mids yet leaves the lows and highs. When you turn up the mid control it rolls off some Lows and highs and leaves the mids, so it sounds as though you added mids. The only way to truly add anything is to have a active eq or preamp installed (which requires a battery.) Just follow the diagram below, make sure the lead coming from the inductor to the Resistor/Cap network is insulated (the other lead doesn't matter cause it's soldered to the back of the pot along with the tabs on the inductor, just make sure you have room for it on the side of the pot or solder it to the back of the pot).

Thats not to say this mod isn't extremely useful. You could get the same effect by installing a 3 band tone setup, high/mid/low and then you just turn down the high and low. It will make the signal quieter, not louder. It will bring out the mids, though.

Even easier yet, just buy an EQ pedal for $29 and turn it on when you want to mid boost. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJ14-Fish-and-Chips-7Band-EQ-Pedal?sku=151873
My Music
Last edited by zeroyon at Jul 15, 2007,
Hi amit, talk to me through MSN, I need to ask you a couple of things.
Gear:

Guitar:
2007 MIJ telecaster

Amp:
Fender Blues Junior

Effects:
Fulltone 69'
Maxon ROD881

PM me to join