So I just got a harmonica in the key of C as an early birthday gift and I have come to The Pit for help in finding some songs that I could try to play harmonica along with (in the key of C).

Also, I suppose any discussion of harmonicas can come here too.
i think you should be able to play love me do from the beatles its real simple though
Quote by Arthur Curry
Check out some Bob Dylan. Good luck. Harmonicas are fucking hard to play.

you think so? I had a harmonica came quite easily to me.

Emm Footsteps - Pearl jam
Most Dylan songs are in C, alos, in crossdraw alot of black blues songs. Pimping. theyre not that hard to play. One you can bend a note, you can do nearly anything on one
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
anything in Am, so lots of paul gilbert stuff. satch has some stuff in C, and so does Vai.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
umm, idk if its in the key of C, but The Wizard by Sabbath has some sweet a ss harmonica playing
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by LynchMobster
umm, idk if its in the key of C, but The Wizard by Sabbath has some sweet a ss harmonica playing

Ah man that's always what I think of when I look at my harmonica. I haven't really tried to play it properly yet...

Anyway is there some sort of harmonica tab for that song? I've looked but found nothing for any songs!
Quote by calebrocker
anything in Am, so lots of paul gilbert stuff. satch has some stuff in C, and so does Vai.

harmonica and their music= +

and i think if you exhale on the c reed you'll get c, and if you inhale you'll get d. so inhaling gives you the next tone higher in the c maj scale.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I only know some "standards," like "Swanee River" and "Camptown Races." Where would one go to find harmonica "tab" online? (if that's at all possible)
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I doubt very much that you can get a Harmonica tab.

Just find songs you like then work out the notes then play it on the Harmonica that's what i do for piano.
Quote by aetherspear

and i think if you exhale on the c reed you'll get c, and if you inhale you'll get d. so inhaling gives you the next tone higher in the c maj scale.

I think you're right, I think it is a tone higher.
Quote by crazynickman
I only know some "standards," like "Swanee River" and "Camptown Races." Where would one go to find harmonica "tab" online? (if that's at all possible)

+1 I wanna know too!
There are Harmonica tab sites like this:
http://www.harptabs.com/

But I really don't use it that much and prefer using my ear. For blues harp (harmonica) playing, you have to learn how to play cross-harp, which is playing your C harmonica in the key of G by mostly using draw notes. Bending's also an important skill.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Harmonica
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
I lost mine
I was getting pretty good at it tough

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by LynchMobster

yes!!...but its in the key of D...i can play it
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by aetherspear

hello!

the extremist has a sweet harmonica part in it. and fusing harmonica with shred would sound really cool, just like how Rudess fuses ragtime with prog metal.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Join Together- The Who has some harmonica in it. don't know which key though...
-GBD <JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!
Neil Young, man. He's great on the ol' blues harp.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Bruce Springsteen has some great stuff on harmonica, "Nebraska", and "The Ghost of Tom Joad" and great examples. Can't help you with keys...
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.