i got a value pack and my friend told me to replace the strings on the guitar...something about the stock strings not being so great....anyway i want to replace them...what strings should i but.....also i am looking for an amp....so if u have any ideas plz post.....BTW i play alot of different things but i dont play heavy metal or anything like that if that helps at all.....

THX in advance
well i use DR strings.....i would recommend those

umm amp? how much are you planing to spend....what do you need it for.....style of music played mostly....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Do you already play guitar or just starting? What kind of music you want to play? How much do you want to spend on the amp?
There is probably nothing wrong with the strings unless they are too thick or thin for you. If you are just starting I would recommend a medium-gauge string to increase hand strenth and accuracy. Find out the gauge of the strings on the guitar before you change them. Light gauge are alright too. There is very, very little difference in brands of strings.
If you don't want to spend alot of money a good choice for an amp would be a Roland Microcube or a small Vox Valvetronix, also the smallest Peavey Transtube (I think it is a Backstage.)
Eh, you really don't need to rush to change the strings. I use GHS 9 gauges, if that helps lol. All I can say is what I prefer, it's different for everybody. But you can honestly keep the stock strings on for a bit, it's not like they completely suck.

As for the amp, I'm not gonna help you on that one, seeing as I love CRATE amps and everybody hates them and thinks I'm a crazy idiot. lol.
It's a process, not an event.
well i have a 10 watt amp now and i want something a little bigger but still suitable for indoor practice use...nothing beastly.....and i play rock as stated before but no heavy metal.......any other suggestions greatly appreciated.....im not just starting but im still classified as a beginner i guess....i just got into it again after a little break but i know what im doing.....
The Vox Valvetronix amps are great and give a lot of different tones and are fairly cheap to boot. I use Ernie Ball Slinky 10 gauge strings.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
i would recommend a crate gt 30watt...there not bad..there really cheap (not the best tone) but cheap
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
oh one more thing....do picks really make a difference.....like is there like different kind of picks that will make that much of a difference
Quote by punchout43
oh one more thing....do picks really make a difference.....like is there like different kind of picks that will make that much of a difference

It's mostly about personal preference. I prefer 1.5mm and 2mm picks but w/e floats your boat. But there are some things some picks aren't suited for, like you obviously won't be able to do a lot of speed picking a .3mm pick, so just keep that in mind!
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
You are getting a lot of good advice here. Good luck and enjoy yourself.
Quote by uldhppi
You are getting a lot of good advice here. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

i know and i just wanted to say thank you again to all of the ppl helping me out here....THANK YOU