hey again this is regarding my new second guitar

either an ibanez rg321

or

epiphone les paul standard

plz take in consideration the price difference cos money dont grow on tree's lol
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
whats your style?

Quote by triviumjunkie
quoting yourself is kool
Last edited by triviumjunkie at Jul 14, 2007,
Quote by Do Re Mi
Fender Fat Strat.

not what he's looking for, that wasn't the question... but yeah we'd need to know your style to suggest a guitar for you, those guitars are made for 2 different styles of music
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Well, I would have to say rg321 considering i think you play metal? My experience with gibson/epiphone is that unless you spend $1300$ on it there not going to be well made. But the rg320 I had was a piece of total garbage. Get an LTD.
rg ftw
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by thedonutman
I'd say the LP is more (classic) rock.

no i played a les paul the other day and it was the REAL metal. its got a real bassy sound that i think is good for solos
ill give my opinion........choosing one of these guitars really depends on your style of playing......if u play metal (or anyother metal sub-genre) the ibanez is probably the way to go....if you play other types of rock or blues, country, ect then the epiphone is probaly a better deal for you (this doesnt mean that the ibanez wont work for rock, blues, or country ect and vice versa).....the only thing is i have played the epiphone before and my friend has one....and it feeds back like no other and is very annoying and is really breaking down... he has had it for arround 5 years but he hasnt done any serious touring or hard playing with it.....so your desicion should really be based on these things: How serious are you at playing, what style/styles do you play, how much are you willing to spend, and dedication. You can also ask the employees at your local music store which guitar is better for you....also you should try them out side by side....

hope this helps...........(i personly would probobly go with the ibanez)
i play metal and a lil classic rock but not alot, i relli wanna determine my own style, i practise bout 2 hours a day due to skl, im not in a band but want to, i like disturbed, metallica etc ty guys ur bein very helpful i love UG......
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
i have an ibanez and i would just go with that cause with the right ajustments i found an awesome sound.

ps. new pickups woulndt hurt
wht pickups wud i want tho cos there are loads to choose from, under £100 plz cos still at skl and yh i have no job haha
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
you could get one bareknuckle pickup for under 100. Or if you shop around on ebay you can get Dimarzio Evolutions for £35 each.

PSN ID: ArranP
im sorry atm i just pick up my guitar and play haha i need 3 ryt? imagine i have a ibanez rg321 ha
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Les Pauls can do metal, and you can rip through solos on them. Don't get the idea that they're just for rock....

How can anybody single out a wonderful HH guitar not being able to excel at metal

LP.
Quote by halfpast2
Well, I would have to say rg321 considering i think you play metal? My experience with gibson/epiphone is that unless you spend $1300$ on it there not going to be well made. But the rg320 I had was a piece of total garbage. Get an LTD.

.... right.

i would suggest LP. I have played RG's but i just like the feel of a les paul better, and i play alot of metal and it gets a really good shreddy sound. like someone else said, dont get the idea that they are only for classic rock, get a good amp and your les paul can sound like a metal monster.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
get an LP, they can do it all with a better tone than any super strat. they can TOTALLY do metal, plus they can do cleans way better. also, I find soloing a breeze on LP's due to my large hands.
i play blues on my RG : D

you can't tell me those things aren't versatile...it is awesome at metal too, but i play classic rock mostly on it....i say the RG, i just love everything about mine
Quote by Latin_Morello
LTD dammit!!!

+1 all the way. LTD is one of the best guitars for the style you do. If you have to chose between the Ibanez and LP, i say go RG for sure. LP's are way to heavy, 2 much bass, 2 much warmth. Doesnt have a fast neck like the RG. The neck is fast but not fast enough for what you want. Ibanez is the best for speed but if you want tone, quality, and great price go to LTD (made by ESP). I say the best LTD i've ever played that was in that price range was the M-100FM. It may be cheap, but by god I loved that thing. It was so gritty and mean. Try the M series from LTD tho. Perfect 4 metal and rock.
Quote by pinkzep52
RG because you get a locking trem
which i want really REALLY BAD LOL

...It's an RG321 we're talking about.

They can both do metal equally. Just try them out and go for what feels better to you. They're very different guitars.
the m100fm is too exspensive for wht im lookin for, remeber im not a spoilt kid so havin to save the money up, and have no job
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by cerveza
not what he's looking for, that wasn't the question... but yeah we'd need to know your style to suggest a guitar for you, those guitars are made for 2 different styles of music

Fender can be any style.
It's a process, not an event.