Does anyone else know or listen to this band? Sure there will obviously be a few people but over here in England no one seems to know about them! They're one of my favorite bands so it kinda sucks that no one else knows them.
ill odds are see them soon. they are on tour with firewind. i dont really know anything else about them.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by garden of grey
Awesome band. Seeing them September 12th.

There is a Sonata Arctica thread already, though.

Sorry didn't know! Should have searched really......

I'm seeing them in November in the UK, can't wait
I can't stand them because a friend always listen to it at school, and then he says that they've got the greatest musician around, what a moron

Looking for a new sig!
I only like their cover of Fade To Black. They are good, i just dont like their style.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by chemicalsolutio
love em, who doesn't.

+1
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Great great band, amazing compositions, great vocals..
Just a flawless band..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
When I first heard the new album, I didn't really like it at all. After a few more listens, though it grows on you and you realize it's a good album.
^ exactly that's why I didn't like it. The more I listen to it, though I think it was the right move in a way, just cause the fast sing-alongs would get a little tiring if they continued.
yeah it was a right move in my opinion, but I think they got a bit carried away... But I still love them and am curious how the new songs are gonna work out live (gonna see them again in oktobre...)
I think on the new album they should have done half and half, half slower songs and half nice fast catchy ones like their older ones - maybe if they do another album it will have some fast ones on it, who knows
Utter cheesy garbage. It's like emo themes except in a power metal body.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
yeah the vocals are pretty Emo.... you want happy power metal Edguy>Sonata Arctica
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by tehbensonzorz
STAYYY FOR A WHILE
STAY FORRREVEEERRR
<something else>
STAY FOR A WHIIIIIIIIIIILE
STAY FOREVEEER
<ect etc.

Eighth Commandment pwns

The 2nd part is:

RUN...FOR... YOUR LIIIIIIIIIVES!
RUN...FOR...FOOREEEEEEEVEEER!

=p
I dont like them they should be in the emo forum
na they're pretty good up there with my fav power metal bands
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
I like them a lot, but unlike other bands, I cant remember particular songs when I think of them. All their stuff is pretty similar, but I think that happens a lot with bands that use keyboards heavily, it makes the ambience of the songs hard to differentiate between.

EDIT: Oh yeah, did anyone hear about the RPG based on the band? They have their own characters and wrote the soundtrack to it. Its a proper 3D game, gonna be released this winter I think.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Last edited by Phill-Rock at Jul 16, 2007,
Quote by Phill-Rock
EDIT: Oh yeah, did anyone hear about the RPG based on the band? They have their own characters and wrote the soundtrack to it. Its a proper 3D game, gonna be released this winter I think.

Winterheart's Guild is the game you're talking about. I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out. You're supposed to be able to unlock unreleased Sonata Arctica tracks.
I like them a lot, and hopefully I'll be going to see them when they come to the Palladium in Sept.
Quote by wintee_madness
yeah the vocals are pretty Emo.... you want happy power metal Edguy>Sonata Arctica

Edguy are cheesy shit and aren't really even power metal. Just pop.

Get the hell over that SA doesn't sing about dragons, doesn't make them emo.
The only song of theirs I have is "The Cage" and it makes me laugh. But I like it.