I'm looking for a new/ used amp. I want a good tube amp thats good for pop punk and rock. My budget is anything under $900 CND because that is all I have saved up but I would love to find an amp lower then that because I need to buy a hardcase for my guitar because it only came with a softie. I play stuff along the line of mxpx, sum 41, green day and plus-44

I play in a garage with my band right now but soon were going to play gigs and the place could probably hold around 200 people without a P.A system.

I don't really care if it's a combo or stack, I could get both.
Hm, here would be my personal suggestions, but have no idea how much these go for in CND, but check them out if they're in your range:

Marshall DSL401 (imo needs speaker change to sound it's best)
Peavey Classic 30- quite versatile, nice amp, good general sound that is easy to tweak, quite warm i found too
Peavey Windsor- may be a little too high gain for your liking, but still great amp- voiced around a JCM800 and has a little more gain (the combo has less than the head)- cleans aren't AMAZING, but with some decent EQing and about half a turn on the volume knob, they definitely sound 'acceptable'.
Laney VC30- Quite vintage/british-ly voiced, imo sounds great
Laney LC30- Imo, and in quite a few people on here's opinion, doesn't sound quite as good as the VC, but sounds more modern- may be to your liking
orange Rocker 30- lots of punk/indie bands use these- great cleans, and sound very much like a Marshall JCM800

First post in ages, thought I better make it informative

edit:
Quote by ECistheBest
how much is $900 CND in USD?

Approx $860 USD according to xe.com
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
can u get an Orange Tiny Terror? or a Crate Palomino? used JCM800? used 5150?

edit: ^oh... then u can get those then. u can't go for a new DSL401 tho... get one used, and upgrade the speaker or sumtin.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
traynor ycv 40 or 50, most likely.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's 858.984 USD to be exact

and I'm not looking for something that I will have to upgrade like the speakers or something.

I was looking at the valveking 212 and the AT-212 but I've heard the valvekings speakers needed upgrading
Last edited by fender_212 at Jul 14, 2007,
i think you can get a traynor ycv50 for that- you can in the USA, certainly, and it's canadian-made, so should be even cheaper there. it has a vintage 30 speaker. I've only tried the 40 and 20 which were both very nice, i hear the 50 is at least as nice, if not nicer, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was kind of leaning towards a 212 sort of combo since you all are suggesting combos.

what do you guys think of the AT-212? or even the AT-100 head?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think you can get a traynor ycv50 for that

thats the one! haha I havn't actually tried that traynor, but i constantly keep forgetting the model name due to the fact it's just a load of random letters in the alphabet with a 50 on the end from what I hear it's a great amp though
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I haven't heard of Traynor untill I read a couple threads about them. and there are none at the local shops around here so I guess thats crossed out.

I'm really interested in the valveking 212 and the At-212 or even the AT-100 head. what do you guys think of these? My buddy has a AT-100 stack I really like but I've heard you guys giving this one guy a hard time because he was asking about the same amp. please don't give me a hard time, I'm just looking for a good amp.

I've heard the valveking's speakers were sh!t is this true?
actually I don't really need sugegstions, I think I know enough about the amps I'm interested in and I can decide myself. thanks anyways
Quote by fender_212
I'm really interested in the valveking 212 and the At-212 or even the AT-100 head.

Like the other guy, you could comfortably get by with a 30W 1x12, but don't seem to want to.

The Peavey Classic 30 is a better amp than either of these. You could get the Crate V32 2x12 for the same money if you needed two speakers (but you don't).

The Traynors are great amps, and I'm sure you could find them on-line. They'd be my #1 suggestion.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Like the other guy, you could comfortably get by with a 30W 1x12, but don't seem to want to.

The Peavey Classic 30 is a better amp than either of these. You could get the Crate V32 2x12 for the same money if you needed two speakers (but you don't).

The Traynors are great amps, and I'm sure you could find them on-line. They'd be my #1 suggestion.

okay, thanks a lot. I'll check them out. and next time I'm going into the bigger city I'll write down some amp names and see if they have them so I can test them out.
Quote by Yngwi3
thats the one! haha I havn't actually tried that traynor, but i constantly keep forgetting the model name due to the fact it's just a load of random letters in the alphabet with a 50 on the end from what I hear it's a great amp though

it stands for Yorkville Custom Valve 20/40/50 whatever.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra