Does anyone know of a good telecaster copy for failry cheap? I'm kinda looking for something equivilent to the agile al200 (LP), just for a telecaster. I will mostly play ska and punk. so i pretty much need a good clean and distorted sound.
Thanks!
Tele = scary

get an SG
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
Tele = scary

get an SG

sg? for ska? hmmm i have never seen a ska band play an sg. but i may just be under exposed
Quote by killsPEACHES
sg? for ska? hmmm i have never seen a ska band play an sg. but i may just be under exposed

Aaron Barrett from Reel Big Fish often plays an SG, and although they aren't always ska, they do a lot of ska stuff. I guess the guitar choice is affected by what sort of ska you want to play. Do you play original ska, two-tone, or third wave?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by monkey_dancer
Aaron Barrett from Reel Big Fish often plays an SG, and although they aren't always ska, they do a lot of ska stuff. I guess the guitar choice is affected by what sort of ska you want to play. Do you play original ska, two-tone, or third wave?

3rd wave. more punkish
A fat strat might get you a good sound: enough power for the punkier side, but also nice clean.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
whatever u do do not get the squier

edit: the guy above, u dont need a humbucker for good overdrive/dist. you can get a nice growl with a tele, just set it in middle position and crank the volume. its a nice and dirty overdrive, i doubt youll get it with another guitar.
Last edited by lilbish at Jul 14, 2007,
Quote by lilbish
whatever u do do not get the squier

edit: the guy above, u dont need a humbucker for good overdrive/dist. you can get a nice growl with a tele, just set it in middle position and crank the volume. its a nice and dirty overdrive, i doubt youll get it with another guitar.

ok it looks like a tele is the way to go. but what is a good copy that is fairly cheap?
How much are you willing to spend and is this your first guitar?
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
SG is ok for ska, the dude from illscarlet uses or used one.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by metalface211
How much are you willing to spend and is this your first guitar?

no more than 300 us dollars
after modded on the right. $169 alder wood, squier tele. the standard is also fine if u dont plan on upping the pups just yet.

the fret work is a little rough but the maple board has a really nice feel.
and tele's are great first mod guitars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011