Right what im thinking is, i need something to make my solos a little different and make them stand out.

My decision is between

An Overdrive Pedal - Tube Screamer of some kind?

Whammy Pedal.

Now im leaning towards whammy cos they sound so damn good and i already use a russian big muff for solo parts so i dont need any more gain just a mid hump, or maybe up an octave or two :P Its also a one guitar band, so you know, something to make the solos seem a little more special XD
Maybe a wah pedal instead of a whammy? They add some nice flavor to solos, occasionally.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
whammy pedal if its a metal band during faster songs but a wah for any thing else.
The best way to make your solos different and stand out is to be good at guitar.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
i dont mean stand out and be different, i mean like, sound different to my normal rhythm playing. Cos at the moment im goin straight from rhythm playing to solo with the same effects.
Make sure you have a tube amp. Then get an OD/Booster or maybe an EQ. Then use the EQ to boost your mids and overall volume, and run it in conjunction w/ the Big Muff. Should add clarity and volume to the tone.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
1. be good at guitar
2. Reverb/delay
3. Screamer, possible chorus/flange
4. WAH!!!!! [Or wOw if ure a buddah user]

Backup
---------------------
A. If all else fails, get like 3 big muffs and just make a mass of noise and call it a hendrix solo
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Get a Floyd Rose or any locking trem really and you wont be dissapointed. Look to DragonForce for whammy moves and Angus Young for some stage tricks during your solos.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Get a Floyd Rose or any locking trem really and you wont be dissapointed. Look to DragonForce for whammy moves and Angus Young for some stage tricks during your solos.

i dont think he wants to route his guitar for a floyd...so no. just get a whammy for taht
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Wah+Delay.

Listen to the solo of "All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix to see what those 2 pedals sound like combined. Crazy.

But a wah is unique and distinct enough by itself, so is a delay by itself, both make solos stand out and make put people in awe
A whammy pedal is a pretty daft idea to be honest - if you feel you need something like that to be interesting then you might as well quit. A tubescreamer or maybe an EQ is always handy though if you want your sound to cut through a bit more.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by GuitarNinja12
The best way to make your solos different and stand out is to be good at guitar.

Pfft.... thats for n00bs
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
i highly, HIGHLY reccommend something like a linear power booster. it just makes it sustain forever, boosts volume and gain. its awsome. you can build one yourself for like 10 bucks.