i bought new strings to restring my guitar. but for some stupid reason whenever i tune them they de-tune them self (loosen)... wtf is happening
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
im pretty sure i did it right.... but it like just totallt tunes it down, as if the string stretches..
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
Quote by anonymous564
im pretty sure i did it right.... but it like just totallt tunes it down, as if the string stretches..

Well maybe it does.. is it happening to all of your strings? If so, your neck may be shrinking...

but seriously, the string could also be slipping if not stringed correctly, which is why I asked how long you'd bee playing.. it's a common beginner mistake
well ive bee playing for like 5 months... but i just kinda winged it:P
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
You don't "wing" it with strings. Chances are that you've "winged" it, you've put it on incorrectly, and now you have to get new strings again because your strings are bent. Did you even look up how to restring a guitar? And wrong forum.
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
You can have a look at this restringing lesson to see if you tied the strings properly on the tuners, if the length of the string wrapped around the post is not enough, the string might (and probably will) come loose and detune itself until it just pops out (happened to me once).

If it's an acoustic guitar, just make sure that the bridge pins are at the same level, otherwise it might indicate that one of the strings was not anchored properly on the underside of the bridge and is working its way loose.

Hope this helps.
Moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure