so i just became vegitarian a little while ago (i originally wanted to be vegan but after an hour i realized it was impossible) but my parents are bitching at me cause they say im not getting any vitamins or the protein i need. (mostly protein) so what are some protein substitutes. and i also dont eat a whole lot of vegetables so my main food is from cheeses,Bread,Starch type stuff.
you should be fine. Drink milk, eat eggs. Nuts and legumes also have protein. U can eat tofu if you're into that kind of thing. Yogurt and cheese are also good sources. Your parents are misinformed.
Save an animal, Eat a vegetarian
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Beans, Eggs, Tofu.

Cheese is just fat. Stick to Eggs and beans. They provide a lot of needed iron and protein.
It kinda seems like you are doing it because it is the "thing to do" mostly because you wanted to be vegan but quit after an hour, if you actually belived in it, you would still be vegan, but since you could'nt do it being a veg is the next best right?
Portabella Mushrooms are great. Eggplant is also good.
I'm a vegetarian too, and my parents also bug me about protein.

Peanut butter is a great alternative, and it has tons of protein, more than cheese.

Also, there's this new Oh Henry Pro chocolate bar that has like, 12g of protein, which is really good, for a snack.

Try trail mix, if you like that.
Put chick peas on your salad.

It's not too hard if you look around.
Quote by CowboyUp
Why are you a vegetarian? Animal rights? Health reasons?

yea animal rights
Quote by MCRx4xlife
so i just became vegitarian a little while ago (i originally wanted to be vegan but after an hour i realized it was impossible) but my parents are bitching at me cause they say im not getting any vitamins or the protein i need. (mostly protein) so what are some protein substitutes. and i also dont eat a whole lot of vegetables so my main food is from cheeses,Bread,Starch type stuff.

Wait, you don't eat alot of vegetables?
If you're a male watch out for eating a bunch of soy products then, they can increase your estrogen levels. I knew a guy who got boobs from consuming too much in his diet.
Quote by MCRx4xlife

So you are only eating cheese, bread, and starch products? Your parents are right. now its for sure you are only in on it for the treand. You are going to harm your body, you clearly did not look into this too much, seems like you just did it one day. Your body needs more than bread and cheese, you need to do some research.
Quote by MCRx4xlife
yea animal rights

You're aware that an equal amount of animals die in the harvesting of vegetables, right? Field animals get caught in the thrashers for wheat and harvesting machines of other vegetables. Either way you're being responsible for the death of animals. Unless you grow your own food.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Originally Posted by CowboyUp

Quote by MCRx4xlife
yea animal rights

I'm a vegan so I'm biased. If you stick at being a vegetarian for a while and still feel strongly about animal rights then take another look at veganism. There's a lot of evidence that the dairy industry is as cruel, or even worse, than the beef industry in its treatment of animals.

For cow to produce milk it has to get pregnant regularly and the most of the calves, especially males, are sent straight away for slaughter to be sold as veal. To watch a cow mooing and running along side a fence as her calf is taken away is a harrowing experience.
Quote by merfsullivan
You're aware that an equal amount of animals die in the harvesting of vegetables, right? Field animals get caught in the thrashers for wheat and harvesting machines of other vegetables. Either way you're being responsible for the death of animals. Unless you grow your own food.

well my parents grow tomatas-jalepeno peppers (my fav) kyan peppers-and some other **** i dont eat.

and Mushrooms grow in my yard or my neighbors yard so i pick them put some hot sauce on them and eat those.
Quote by Ancient Jello
Originally Posted by CowboyUp

I'm a vegan so I'm biased. If you stick at being a vegetarian for a while and still feel strongly about animal rights then take another look at veganism. There's a lot of evidence that the dairy industry is as cruel, or even worse, than the beef industry in its treatment of animals.

For cow to produce milk it has to get pregnant regularly and the most of the calves, especially males, are sent straight away for slaughter to be sold as veal. To watch a cow mooing and running along side a fence as her calf is taken away is a harrowing experience.

wow i did not know that. its just that i did look into it and it said no animal products once so ever so after a day or how ever long i had pretty much nothing to eat. and i never thought milking a cow was wrong cause....isnt it just Cow Cum??? but i can understand no eggs cause its like eating a aborted chicken Fetus
Quote by MrGuitar123
For every Piece of meat A vegitarian/vegan doesn't eat, I eat THREE

i think its funny that people who worship maddox always quote him, considering his article about dave chapelle.
I refuse to eat dairy products because it's mean stealing cows' milk.

That and the fact that it gives me the sh*ts.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by MCRx4xlife
wow i did not know that. its just that i did look into it and it said no animal products once so ever so after a day or how ever long i had pretty much nothing to eat. and i never thought milking a cow was wrong cause....isnt it just Cow Cum??? but i can understand no eggs cause its like eating a aborted chicken Fetus

1. Work on typing a sentence.
2. Milk is not "cow cum"
3. Please look into this more, you clearly do not know what you are talking about and you are really going to harm yourself if you only eat cheese, bread, and mushrooms you find in your yard.
Quote by MCRx4xlife
and i never thought milking a cow was wrong cause....isnt it just Cow Cum???

Who dat?
Quote by Anarion614

well isnt it like the farmer is beating off the cow till white stuff comes out???

think about it.
Quote by MCRx4xlife
well isnt it like the farmer is beating off the cow till white stuff comes out???

think about it.

This is priceless.
Oh Shit!
Quote by MCRx4xlife
and i never thought milking a cow was wrong cause....isnt it just Cow Cum???

Holy Christ. You are actually the most f*cking retarded person I have EVER seen post in The Pit.

You don't have a clue about the vegetarian way of life, and it doesn't sound like you've made any effort to find out about it.

EDIT:

Quote by MCRx4xlife

think about it.

Think about what?! For a start you milk female cows not BULLS. Females are not well known for having penises.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Jul 14, 2007,
Quote by MCRx4xlife

think about it.

Are you retarded?

Im not joking, are you actually a full-blown retard?
Quote by MCRx4xlife

think about it.

So, with the same logic, your mom came to your mouth?
Quote by MCRx4xlife

think about it.

Leave. Please. How old are you?

I'm trying not to be mad at you for being so incredibly stupid, really. Just gtfo.
Who dat?
peanut butter is you friend.
you seem like you dont have very good reasons to be a vegetarian.
I used to be one for about 3 years or so..I would love to continue being one but I have a bad stomach problem and I need meat, and not vitimas or anything like that,
I need acutal meat in my digestive system..it sucks but if this doesnt clear up my problem them back to being a vegetarian,
But I have many reasons to be one and why i wanted to be one...
you dont know a lot of things you should, you can still feel bad for the cows and animals that are being abused and make sure you dont BUY OR EAT meat from those companies...
it shouldnt take you a hour to make a life and a discison that is as important as what youre putting into your body

You can be an animal activist and still eat meat, like i said you can just not buy or eat any meat from any company that harms animals, and give them hormoes to make more milk so on and so forth
Last edited by x/taluha at Jul 14, 2007,
Quote by MCRx4xlife
geez i just wanted to kno protein substitutes

Semen contains:

# Fructose sugar
# Water
# Ascorbic acid (a.k.a., vitamin C)
# Citric acid
# Enzymes
# Phosphate and bicarbonate buffers (bases)
# Zinc

and you guessed it

# Protein!

Go mad, suck off a bull, it'll give you protein and make you big strong like ox
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by MCRx4xlife

think about it.

Oh dear...
and if you dont eat vegtables like you said, you'll end up in the hospital your parents are right to be bitchy with you.
Quote by MCRx4x
isnt it just Cow Cum???

Epic Fail.

Milk dude, it's MILK not cum, and it comes from female cows. Seriously, I can't believe you had the intelligence to make this thread.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by Yakult
Go mad, suck off a bull, it'll give you protein and make you big strong like ox

That's one mental image I could have done without.
"Sometimes life's so much cooler when you just don't know any better and all the painful lessons have not hammered your head open yet."

- Anthony Kiedis -
Quote by wboyce39

You've obviously not been scarred by beasttube yet
Quote by wboyce39

....ewww...
Who dat?