I'm just playing a song I always play for fun, which requires a power chord. I use my middle finger to mute the low e string...obviously...but my middle finger falls right on the fourth fret, producing an AnNoYiNg harmonic when I hit the chord.

Suggestions?

...am I doing something wrong? Haha, didn't know you could butcher a powerchord.
Quote by Hoppusorange
I don't mute my E string when doing that...I just don't strum that string!

Ditto. You should try getting used to this.^
yeah trust me, jsut hit the 3/4 strings , its hard at first, i used to just hit the top 2 cause i was lame. But you'll get used to it, trust me.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
yeah do what they said or if you really must mute it then just roll your hand more so that your middle finger is not touching the A string. Or you could palm mute the low E but its kind of tough. But i would just do wat every one else said to do
If you're playing slowly, just don't hit that string.

If you're playing too fast for it to matter, I usually reach around with my thumb to mute the low E, which makes my other fingers drop flat enough to mute the rest of the strings too. But I have longish fingers and I'm really flexible, so it might not be for everyone.