So, I wrote a pretty cool-ish riff today... And I kept going with it... But the farther I got into the song, the more I got confused as to what key it is...

How should I go about finding out what key it's in?
Or, if you want to help me out, I'm attaching a Guitar Pro and midi lol.
Attachments:
Hmm.zip
dude, i wouldnt get too worried. it sounds aweful anyways. try working out a riff first and getting the key of that and then basing the rest of the riffs and rhythm in that key then you dont run into problems like this and it wont sound like random chromatics

/harsh
Well, I have no idea what key it's in, but the intro part was really cool, but you ruined it with those super fast notes that felt really random and stupid.

That intro part is really really cool though.
Quote by ch715dallat
dude, i wouldnt get too worried. it sounds aweful anyways. try working out a riff first and getting the key of that and then basing the rest of the riffs and rhythm in that key then you dont run into problems like this and it wont sound like random chromatics

/harsh

Lol yeah.. It sounds horrible in MIDI.. But it sounds really good if I play it... Quite like the song "Annihilation Of The Wicked" by Nile's intro.

Quote by Slipping_Away
Well, I have no idea what key it's in, but the intro part was really cool, but you ruined it with those super fast notes that felt really random and stupid.

That intro part is really really cool though.

lol Thanks... Yeah, I was gonna do a decent rhythm(or try to), but since I couldn't figure out the key and I haven't played all week, I just felt like playing so I did. lol
oh right if it was death metal you were aiming for its alright, i thought you were trying to write something melodic lol

Also you dont always have to be in key for death but it helps to get the backing rythm to fit.