Poll: Should I buy the Recto-Verb
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I buy the Recto-Verb
Yes
5 100%
No
0 0%
Voters: 5.
I went to my local mesa dealer here and I wanted to get a Dual Rectifier Solo Head. Well they didnt have any in stock and said that it would cost more in a few months because of a price rise that is getting ready to go into effect. Well so after that I decided to play on one of the RectoVerb combos they had beings all they had was a triple rectifier and thats way to much volume for me. So after I played it I decided it sounded really good pretty much all around to my hearing. I didnt buy it yet but im really considering it. It will be my first tube amp ive ever owned. Im wondering how it compares to the dual rectifier though because I have listened to sound clips on this site and others and I was convinced that it was the amp for me so I would like to know if I will still be able to get comparable tones from the rectoverb. And also it is $1479 there at the store. Im not sure if thats a good price or what. I dont think its used because he had to look it up on the computer and the used ones said used on them with a price tag. So I think its enough of me talking I just need to know if its worth the money and will it give me the results comparable to a dual rectifier. Thanks for all the help.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Used rectoverbs generally go from $800-1000. They are $1479 new though, that's mesa's lowest price available.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yeah. So I guess that one in store is new. I wanted a used one actually but I dont want to buy off ebay because Ive been ripped off too many times and I want to play what im recieving first before I buy it. They dont have a used one in stock so I guess I will have to buy it new if I decide to buy it.
My SoundClick

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Does anyone know whether or not the Rectoverb compares to the Dual Rectifier. Im starting to think I like the idea of this Rectoverb because it would be cheaper than buying the Dual rectifier and it would also be more portable and not as loud. I dont really need a loud amp because my parents hate when I play loud and I dont play gigs yet so I dont need 100 watts really.
My SoundClick

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Quote by PreventThis
Does anyone know whether or not the Rectoverb compares to the Dual Rectifier. Im starting to think I like the idea of this Rectoverb because it would be cheaper than buying the Dual rectifier and it would also be more portable and not as loud. I dont really need a loud amp because my parents hate when I play loud and I dont play gigs yet so I dont need 100 watts really.

The rectoverb is the exact same amp as the Dual Recto except it has a blues gain channel.

I don't know why the retail for so much less on ebay, I guess because of the absence of Diamond plate.

I'd definatly go for it. The difference between 40,50,60 and 100 watts is minimal. 100 watters do have a bit more gain and warmth though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'm pretty sure the rectoverbs are single rectifiers.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yeah. Im thinking about just buying it. Then playing at practice with my band next week with it cranked a little and seeing how everything goes. If all goes well I'll keep it but if I dont like it (doubtful that will happen beings it sounded awesome in the store) I will take it back and get a refund. Any other comments are appreciated. For some reason this is a hard decision. I guess its because the thing costs 1500 bucks. Ive never spent that much on anything besides a car at one time.
My SoundClick

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Quote by Reincaster

Yea the rectoverb is a single rectifier. I think he was comparing it to the early 2ch DR.
My SoundClick

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Quote by Reincaster

I must have been thinking of the Trem-O-Verb
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio