Page 1 of 3
hi guys im just curious and thinking if metallica have another guitarist before kirk hamett or he is theonly one iin metallica hystory¡'
Go to wiki and read about it...
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
wow noobish, but dave mustaine (founder of megadeth) was originally the lead guitarist in metallica
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Yeah, Dave > Kirk

Haha I agree, but people are gonna argue that like crazy.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
theyve had 2 previous band members before Kirk.

Ron McGovney - whom was on Bass before Cliff

Dave Mustaine - Whom was on lead guitar, rhythm & Backing vocals - also co-wrote a fair few tracks.
DAve Mustaine
but there was a dude b4 him if uu wanna go pre-recording days

and yes Dave > Kirk

megadeth kicks ass

but i rlly hope metallica makes a comeback
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Quote by d. b. cooper
Haha I agree, but people are gonna argue that like crazy.

Yeah they are.

But still Dave > Kirk

Kirk's solo's sound kinda repetitive to me after 300000, but I still kinda like Dave's.
I don't like either much, but trust me, you NEVER want to play lead like Mustaine.
damn r u like just getting into metallica but yes mustaine was the lead guiatist b4 hammett
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by CowboyUp
I don't like either much, but trust me, you NEVER want to play lead like Mustaine.

Why is that?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Mustain wrote all the good stuff

Are we going to have a DAVE > KIRK war?

Nah, I think its pretty 1 sided here

Edit: Though Kirk sure knows how to ride a horse.
Quote by Conica
Hell, Crap > Kirk

satan is a kickass guitar player.........

you seen the pick of destiny?

Jack my swag
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
Why is that?

Mustaine's leads are AWFUL. I turn off hanger 18 when his lead part starts it is so awful. Marty, on the other hand, is phenomenal.
Quote by CowboyUp
Mustaine's leads are AWFUL. I turn off hanger 18 when his lead part starts it is so awful. Marty, on the other hand, is phenomenal.

Doesn't he play the solo to Die, Dead Enough, it's a good solo.
Quote by CowboyUp

i also dislike hangar 18, but his solos and leads on the new album are mostly great

Jack my swag
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Doesn't he play the solo to Die, Dead Enough, it's a good solo.

Thats Chris Poland i thought, maybe it is him though.

edit. listening to it, oo it is him, cool.
twas originally Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield. then dave jumped ship. then they found Kirk floating around LA.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Dave Mustaine has got to be the most unoriginal, most boring guitarist since billy joe armstrong. I mean his style of playing is like the cliche of metal. I'm almost embarrassed for having the Megadeth discography on my mp3 player. Shoulda just left the greatest hits and thats all.
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
That's nice to know, but I'd like to know one thing.
Why do people buy his music and not yours?

Why do rappers sell more CDs every year than every genre of metal combined?

It isn't because he is better than everyone else, it is because people just like listening to megadeth. I sure do
Quote by CowboyUp

It isn't because he is better than everyone else, it is because people just like listening to megadeth. I sure do

You shot me down.

Good point though.
Quote by CowboyUp

Pwnt.

And yeah, Mustaine is a pretty ehhhh lead player, but his rhythms are super-tight, and Marty Friedman is the best musician to come out of either band.

Quote by killthekingx
Dave Mustaine has got to be the most unoriginal, most boring guitarist since billy joe armstrong. I mean his style of playing is like the cliche of metal.

Not really. He CREATED those cliches.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by killthekingx
Dave Mustaine has got to be the most unoriginal, most boring guitarist since billy joe armstrong. I mean his style of playing is like the cliche of metal. I'm almost embarrassed for having the Megadeth discography on my mp3 player. Shoulda just left the greatest hits and thats all.

Have you ever listened to Kirk?

Anyways, Dave > Kirk, but Dave isn't God or anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiH_yDpyRDU
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
That's nice to know, but I'd like to know one thing.
Why do people buy his music and not yours?

People buy his music? I wasn't aware. I torrented all his **** and regret wasting my bandwidth.
Quote by killthekingx
People buy his music? I wasn't aware. I torrented all his **** and regret wasting my bandwidth.

I retracted that statement.
F*ck I knew I shouldn't of said that.
Quote by killthekingx

Yes, because we all know that you represent every living being on this planet
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by ReBoRnBaND4
kirk hammet fits metallica much better than mustaine ever would, i could see him and james butting heads or him and lars

That's because they all went to therapy better.
Therapy brings you closer.
Ruins your rock god image.
But it brings you closer.
Kirk Hammet rides horses and has a girly voice IMHO.
I respect him as a musician, but Mustaine wouldn't do that. He'd just go bitch about the government or something.
Quote by ReBoRnBaND4
kirk hammet fits metallica much better than mustaine ever would, i could see him and james butting heads or him and lars

Metallica's sound completely changed after Kill 'Em All, which was mostly Mustaine-written. If Mustaine would have stayed, they would have kept with the sound they had, therefore I don't believe there would be any ego clashes, unless James or Lars wanted to drastically change the sound.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Black Star
Metallica's sound completely changed after Kill 'Em All, which was mostly Mustaine-written. If Mustaine would have stayed, they would have kept with the sound they had, therefore I don't believe there would be any ego clashes, unless James or Lars wanted to drastically change the sound.

Totally got your back dude,
but Hammet re wrote all the solos if I remember right?
Quote by AeroZeppelin09

Kirk Hammet rides horses and has a girly voice IMHO.
I respect him as a musician, but Mustaine wouldn't do that. He'd just go bitch about the government or something.

yea but thats what makes kirk hammet alot more different than any other guitar player in this genre, everyone know a days is bitching about the govrnment, its soo stereotypical, I mean billie joel armstrong bitchs about the government, does that mean hes a good guitar player or something. your hobbies on the on the outside of music doesnt make you a better or worse guitar player
Quote by ReBoRnBaND4
yea but thats what makes kirk hammet alot more different than any other guitar player in this genre, everyone know a days is bitching about the govrnment, its soo stereotypical, I mean billie joel armstrong bitchs about the government, does that mean hes a good guitar player or something. your hobbies on the on the outside of music doesnt make you a better or worse guitar player

i thought you were talking about butting heads?
dude, still, billie joel armstrong bitches about the government and he admits he sucks at guitar, lets not get into that.
well, it kinda can, cuz you could put more emotion into it, not saying they do or don't.
but still man, ego comes in.
hammet has less of an ego, so that's a plus one.
mustaine is a egomaniac,

and i can see where you think about the butting heads, but overall, mustaine can come up with newer sounding stuff, and keep a fan base.
metallicas fanbase has degenerated, and hammet's style is really repetitive.
i REALLY do respect him though, don't get me wrong.
Mustaines voice annoys me oh so much. He is terrible at lead, as seen in the Dream Theater tribute to Dime when they played Cemetary Gates. Kirk isnt much better either. Lets settle this argument though.

John Petrucci > All
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
thanks guys you make me won a bet ive made but can anyone tell me in which cd is the name that says dave mustaine ihave to won this bet
Page 1 of 3