Hello, i'm re stringing my guitar right now, and my high e string, whenever i tune it all the way up to E, it comes off at about C or D, i can't get it all the way up. I don't know whats going on, because the string doesn't break or anything, it simply seems to come off... Anyone know whatsup? i think it just needs to be stretched, so i have it sitting at B right now, and am slowly tightening it. Do you think i might have stripped the gears inside of the tuning key somehow?
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
This happens to mine to i think its because i dont have the string wrapped around the tuning key right so its loosening itself...but im no expert....
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
What kind of strings do you have, and how much did you wrap around the tuning thinger?
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Quote by winterXsolstice
its slipping, wrap it around itself so it pinches it.

alright, thanks

weird, i've never had this problem before
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by bananasislegend
What kind of strings do you have, and how much did you wrap around the tuning thinger?

ernie balls, and not very much, but thats probably why
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
If they are super slinks, and just about all ernie ball strings will take a while break in. I've had my heavy tops for a couple weeks and they still wont stay in A# for more than 10 minutes playing time. Just play them in.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Quote by bananasislegend
If they are super slinks, and just about all ernie ball strings will take a while break in. I've had my heavy tops for a couple weeks and they still wont stay in A# for more than 10 minutes playing time. Just play them in.

yeah ernie balls suck

i'm just going to go get another E string tomorrow at the store, it finally broke
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ