Hello to all - I am new to the UG community.

I am seeking for some good advice on purchasing a new electric guitar, I am looking at a mini guitar with a real regular sized fretboard but just a smaller body, I was looking at this: Jackson Mini Guitar I am unsure if it fits my expectations as far as the dimensions - Regular sized fretboard and smaller body - If anyone out there has other suggestions I will appreciate to hear from you. My budget is anywhere from $400 - $650

Musical style: Black Metal, Death and Grindcore - From regular tuning to D G C F A D

This is my 1st time posting here - Thanks a bunch, and hello again to all who read!

M616
Last edited by Marduk616 at Jul 15, 2007,
yeah i nearly got a DKMG. but i did find it quite small, why do you want a small guitar? oh and seemed decent the one i played. also, check out the LTD MH400. but thats not mini, though its not vastly big. similar size.
Well, let's just say I've always wanted a smaller axe, it seems a little more comfortable to play, do you by any chance have a link for that LTD?
Quote by Marduk616
Well, let's just say I've always wanted a smaller axe, it seems a little more comfortable to play, do you by any chance have a link for that LTD?

Do you want a smaller body or a lighter body? Have you tried out many smaller guitars to see how they feel?
I'd personally go with some sort of Superstrat-styled guitar.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Anyone else who hasn't seen this thread got more suggestions? Thanks!
Played on one 2 days ago(the MH400). To be honest i didn't really like it, EMGs were lifeless and it was awkward to find the sweet spots for pinch harmonics, and it was awkward to natural harmonic on it.
I played an ibanez mikro. It was okay for a smaller guitar... but I didn't like it much, mostly because I was subconsciously comparing it to a normal guitar I think. The also have those tiny electrics with a body like a bean though, I forgot what they were called.

Take a look at some steinbergers. They have a full size fretboard.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra