not looking for anyone in perticular... i just wanna talk about how hard it is to start a band in this city. and if your band works, tell me how you did it, cause im losing band members as fast as i get them.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
nobody, huh?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

no one at all in Philadelphia?
Quote by Article

havent heard of them. i know it takes hard work and determination. but other people dont get it. or they dont like what im trying to do...
Quote by Article

I'm a stone's throw away from Philly.

Yes, trying to make a band work around here sucks.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
i swear its just the city. you have either metal heads or emo kids (you have NO idea how many emo/screamo bands are getting gigs in my nieghborhood alone) but if you arent either of those 2 things, you will be ignored. god forbid someone attempts originality.
Quote by Article

Hey I'm a guitarist from the Philly area. Just recently started a band and looking for a songwriter/singer. My roots are in hard rock/metal/electronics but we are open to many styles of music. It is true that most people from Philly seem to be of the metalhead or emo style. But I haven't run into enough people for it to matter when attempting to write music.
Im like 1/2 an hour from philly, I live in Delaware. I play guitar and bass. I like pretty much any kind of music. I mostly play rock and metal.
I live 5 mins from phily walking, I play metal, neoclassical and progressive
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I'm only about a half hour away from philly. I'm in Berlin, NJ, and it's equally as hard to find musicians devoted to forming a band and keeping it together out here. I saw that some of you guys that posted here are from around my area. If you want to start a band with me, check out the topic I made in here. I play guitar and play anything from classic rock to death metal. I also have another friend who plays guitar, and we need a singer, bassist, and drummer.

Sorry if it seems like I was just giving an advertisement pitch there, but my friend and I seriously wanna start something soon. The only other thing we don't have is a practice spot large enough for a band to set up in.

Also, I completely agree with you on the overabundance of emo kids in philly. If it's not gang-bangers i'm seeing walking down the streets, it's little emo boys dressing like girls with the tight ass girl pants, black hair slicked to the side, the wrist bands to hide the cuts, and enough eye shadow to turn their face black if it rains. Didn't that used to be called goth, until emo went and gayed it up? And what's with all the screamo bands thinking they're metal? Screamo is definitely not metal, because metal doesn't suck on a massive scale.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you