Just a little series I may continue if people enjoy the idea. Point out spelling and grammer mistakes etc, make suggestions, constructive crits only, and I will return all crits if you leave a link.

An Imperfect Prologue

Her parents met in the early 60’s
The decade of love most call it
Yet love had little to do with them getting together
He knocked her up in the backseat
Of a little sedan
So of course her parents insisted on a wedding
Of course he complied begrudgingly
She was born a few months later
Into the decade of love
With a family without it
Her parents met in the early 60’s
The decade of love most call it

(possibly change this to "The decade of love to most")

Yet love had little to do with them getting together
He knocked her up in the backseat
Of a little sedan
So of course her parents insisted on a wedding
Of course he complied begrudgingly
She was born a few months later
Into the decade of love
With a family without it

Beyond that i feel this is a strong piece... PM me when you get the next part up!

Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627607
ya, ill definately need to see more added on to this...but what is here is very cynical but very insightful. thats what the times WERE like, when "love" meant "sex" and nothing else. i think the rough dialogue ("knocked up", "begrudgingly") adds alot to the mood. the free verse gives is a very modern feel, but not postmodern: it expresses a definite point and really doesnt leave room for deconstruction.

im interested in seeing this developed. it looks like the beginnings of an effective social critique.
yep thanks guys, and glass ill get to your piece once im home this arv. The piece will have sequals so I dont expect this to get any sort of great reviews because its only intention is to set the scene for my series which will be up soon.