Poll: Do you accept racist/ism jokes?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you accept racist/ism jokes?
Yes
50 71%
No
20 29%
Voters: 70.
What do you call an african having a swim?

Black current

The taboo on racist jokes online seems to be seriously misrepresented, nevermind overreacted in general. Maybe it's because people try and keep themselves clean from possible later attacks of character, but where I am (an all boys school) jokes don't really have any limits to them. I don't see anything wrong with a racist joke- so long as it is for the joke, with a nice pun or witty punchline (Yeah I realise the one I made isn't very great, but I can bring up about 6 more quickly, they're told in succession, which is the point of this style of jokes).
The thread was spurred by a random thread just created about a guy fighting a black person, where people had a rant, even though the reference to the man being black was justified.

I remember I once heard a series of these jokes (what do you call a maori ____? Black ____). Then someone piped up "What do you call a maori with a wooden leg? **** on a stick."
I felt like punching that guy, and ever since have regarded him as despicably as I possibly could. It's funny, you could tell what kind of a person he was straight from that, he never once did anything that could waver my dislike to him.

Anyway my point is that the taboo surrounding racist jokes, especially with respects to coloured comedians such as Chris Rock (and I realise the natural ability for him to be successful because with him we can be comfortable believing him not to be racist. Well, we think he isn't.)
I'm an african myself (albiet white... however with my family's background/ my upbringing in no way could that be used against me). I don't think I'm racist, but don't mind a racist joke... so long as it's only for the joke. Vote on the poll, do you accept it?

"Many of the native prisoners are only one degree removed from the animal and often created rows and fought among themselves."
"raw kaffir, whose occupation is hunting and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness"
-Ghandi
Who reads sigs anyway
You only need one thread.

EDIT: Oops, looks like you deleted the other one. There's nothing wrong with a joke as long as it's funny. That picture was for the closed thread with the black nerd fight.
depends on who there towards to though..

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Racist just are just a bit of fun.

I tell them sometimes.

But I'm not racist at all.

=]
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
Quote by Stingz.
depends on who there towards to though..

But why should that matter? If you're going to be biased on something biased... it's a bit hypocritical. If you can only tell racist jokes about certain people, you seem to be proving your racism, right?

South Park's genius lies in that they make no partiality: showing that they aren't themselves partial.
Who reads sigs anyway
Last edited by strong_wizard at Jul 15, 2007,
nice pic
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Gyroscope
I've heard so many racist jokes, told by many different races.

+ 1
Quote by Gyroscope

+2
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
Quote by Gyroscope

+3

Edit: your pick is a album cover of in flames come clarity if I'm right
lolage
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I really dont mind them, I guess it can depend on a joke tho, most are in good taste so people dont mine, but ones that are just bad (like your **** on the stick one) are bad. Were as playing on sterotypes, like the joke, what do you say when you see you TV floating at night? Drop it ******. I find them alrite because people dont mean it, so in other words, I find those types of jokes funny, only idiots get offended by jokes.
as long as they're neutral, its fine...like jokes about all races...but if it picks on one in particular..thats when it gets nasty.
but i always find it strange how white people get the least of the racist jokes. it's usually towards blacks or asians, mexicans, etc. it seems to be that us whites get the least of the racism, and we complain about how we're "not treated fairly". being not treated fairly is having to work every single day of the week with no pay and little food, and if you do one little thing wrong, you get beaten, just because you're black. yes, i am talking about slavery. or how about having to move to the back of a bus because you're black. or drinking out of a different water fountain and using a different bathroom because you're black. today it is almost the same. whites are treated most fairly, that's how it is. but that's not how it should be. face it, racism is not funny. and in my opinion, if you tell one, you should go to hell.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
The thing with racist jokes is knowing where the line is. Some jokes are just harmless fun, but some are f*cking vile. The way I look at it is by asking myself whether I'd be 100% cool saying it to one of my mates of the race being mocked.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Jacob6293
but i always find it strange how white people get the least of the racist jokes. it's usually towards blacks or asians, mexicans, etc. it seems to be that us whites get the least of the racism, and we complain about how we're "not treated fairly". being not treated fairly is having to work every single day of the week with no pay and little food, and if you do one little thing wrong, you get beaten, just because you're black. yes, i am talking about slavery. or how about having to move to the back of a bus because you're black. or drinking out of a different water fountain and using a different bathroom because you're black. today it is almost the same. whites are treated most fairly, that's how it is. but that's not how it should be. face it, racism is not funny. and in my opinion, if you tell one, you should go to hell.

First of all, you're 50-250 years late on most of that, douchebag. Second, hell isn't real (before attacking me on this subject address my real points).
Third, one race can not be treated "most fairly". You are a ****ing retard.
Quote by Kulvin
Third, one race can not be treated "most fairly". You are a ****ing retard.

Before you start throwing insults around, why don't you engage your brain, you "****ing retard". Of course one race can be treated more fairly.

Treating fair = Taking each person on their individual merits and not by the colour of their skin

Not treating fair = Having pre-conceived prejudices about someone because of their skin colour

Let's play the "guess where the white man goes, and guess where the Pakistani goes" game
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I've never heard a white person complain about not being fairly treated.

I think that most racist jokes just need to be taken lightly, they are meant as jokes and not personal attacks. However, there are some complete dim-witted **** that like to tell the ones that arn't funny at all and are meant as attacks.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
What is it with you people and dividing people into "races" and ethnicities anyway?

And I say it depends on who's telling them, and in what context. I sometimes make fun of prejudices with a little tease, like I said to this girl playing GTA: "You know, for being black you're a pretty lousy carthief."

But not all people say it with a playfulness. Like these twats at my last job. But that's a different story.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
racism just isn't funny
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Would you tell the same joke if a black person was standing next to you? If your answer is no, then you obviously consider your owns jokes offensive and as a sign of racism.

What Kensai said really; see people, not blacks and whites.
Quote by Renka
Would you tell the same joke if a black person was standing next to you? If your answer is no, then you obviously consider your owns jokes offensive and as a sign of racism.

What Kensai said really; see people, not blacks and whites.

very true
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
its basically like most things.

you have got to know where to draw the line.
also make sure you dont make anyone feel uncomfortable or singled out.
i have a new username
racist jokes are alrite as long as they dont offend people or if u go overboard with some jokes. such as calling black people '**** on a stick'. dats not cool
Guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Epiphone G310 - Dead

Amp:
Marshall MG15CDR

Pedals:
Line 6 Uber metal - Dead